The ZLRs I own

Old February 17th 05, 07:09 PM
Roland Karlsson

Woodchuck Bill wrote in
:

Exactly. Roland, we have heard your opinion on this many, many, many
times. Please stop stirring up trouble. "ZLR" is not to be taken
literally, and the regs in this group accept that. Consider it a
nickname, and please leave it at that.

Hmmm ... maybe I was unclear. My point ws not that you should stop
posting here. You can do whatever you like of course.

My point was that you should stop and defend the name when someone
comes here and is surprised over it. And absolutely not attack the
poor guy (or doll).

My advice is that if someone says that the name is wrong, you simply
say - we know - but we don't care. Because it is wrong - and defending
the name is just going to get you inte long and fruitless threads.

If I (for some resaon) gets involved in a similar discussion in the
future I shall try to be more precise what I mean.

BTW - I think I have written 3 replies this time - all trying to
tell someone to stop bugging someone else that asks about the name.
I don't really think it is fair of you to say that I am "stirring
up trouble".

/Roland
Old February 17th 05, 08:53 PM
Woodchuck Bill

Roland Karlsson wrote in
:

BTW - I think I have written 3 replies this time - all trying to
tell someone to stop bugging someone else that asks about the name.
I don't really think it is fair of you to say that I am "stirring
up trouble".

Fair enough. apology :-)

--

Bill
Old February 17th 05, 10:46 PM
Larry

says...
[...]

Roland, we GET YOUR POINT..

We got it the FIRST time, and the second and the THIRD..

We UNDERSTAND you.

Your COMPLAINT is REGISTERED with the Registry of "Things Nobody Gives A ****
About"

The group can be named "rec.photo.cameras.you.pull.out your ear" for all any
of us care.

WE know what WE come here to discuss, and USUALLY it isnt the name of the
group.

Please dont missunderstand me.. I dont dislike or disrespect you. You have
made many contributary posts to the news groups, but this CONSTANT "****ing
and Moaning" about the name of this group is getting REALLY tedious.

The name of the group dosen't decide what gets discussed here, THE CHARTER
DOES.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.
Old February 18th 05, 03:41 AM
Leo R.

if someone

****
About"

The group can be named "rec.photo.cameras.you.pull.out your ear" for all

any
of us care.

WE know what WE come here to discuss, and USUALLY it isnt the name of the
group.

Please dont missunderstand me.. I dont dislike or disrespect you. You have
made many contributary posts to the news groups, but this CONSTANT

"****ing
and Moaning" about the name of this group is getting REALLY tedious.

The name of the group dosen't decide what gets discussed here, THE CHARTER
DOES.
--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

Well said Larry. Would be really nice to see cameras and camera things
getting discussed here. Unfortunatelly I've just returned my Nikon CP8800 so
I guess I don't qualify any longer :~((

Leo

Old February 18th 05, 04:18 AM
All Things Mopar

Leo R. commented courteously ...

[snip]
Unfortunatelly I've just returned my Nikon CP8800...

so I guess I don't qualify
[snip]

What happened, Leo? Anything I should know about? I'm
getting ready to go buy an 8800 and the SB-800 early next
week, now that the big camera show is over and nothing
came out to replace it.

I assume its you problem with high shutter speeds ? ...

Thanks.

--
ATM, aka Jerry
Old February 18th 05, 05:40 AM
Leo R.

"All Things Mopar" wrote in message
Leo R. commented courteously ...

[snip]
Unfortunatelly I've just returned my Nikon CP8800...

so I guess I don't qualify
[snip]

What happened, Leo? Anything I should know about? I'm
getting ready to go buy an 8800 and the SB-800 early next
week, now that the big camera show is over and nothing
came out to replace it.

I assume its you problem with high shutter speeds ? ...

Thanks.

--
ATM, aka Jerry

Hi again Jerry,
Yes the high shutter speed problem is it. I would miss out on too much of
the challenging type of photography I enjoy. The camera specs provide for it
to take a properly exposed photo at high speeds but it simply won't do it.
It appears to be a problem common to all CP8800s so although Nikon wouldn't
admit to that, they did take the camera back rather than replace it. It
wasn't an easy decision for me, because apart from that it is a fabulous
camera. IMHO none of the other 8Mp digicams come close to the 8800 so I'm
looking at a D70. BTW the audio is out of sync with the video too but I
knew that before I bought it.
Unless you wish to capture pics at very high shutter speeds I'm sure you'll
enjoy the 8800.
Regards.
Leo

Old February 18th 05, 05:49 PM
Roland Karlsson

Larry wrote in news:MPG.1c7ee8d43313d8659896b2
@news.individual.NET:

Roland, we GET YOUR POINT..

We got it the FIRST time, and the second and the THIRD..

Why so hostile?

Please calm down and behave.

/Roland
Old February 19th 05, 06:42 PM
Rob

Roland Karlsson schreef:
"Ken" wrote in
:

"J.S.Pitanga" wrote in message
news

I own a Panasonic DMC FZ-20 5mp 12x zoom digital ZLR camera and
because of that I can post to this group and talk about it as much as
I like. I really enjoy using this type of ZLR camera. It's the best in
its class. What type of ZLR camera do you own?

Personally I own a Canon G2. I also own a computer and have
a news account. And I can post in any group I wish. As long
I stay within the charter of the group I am also more than
welcome to do so.

The meaning of the acronym ZLR is within the charter of this
group with a broad margin as this group is called ZLR. The
fact that the charter for this group discribes cameras that
shall really not be called ZLR is a valid topic.

The making of this group was a mistake as it is spreading
misinformation. I understand that you that post here need
a group to discuss your somewhat more advanced compact digital
cameras. But I don't understand why you insist that your cameras
are called ZLR. They are mostly EVF and sometimes only
normal digital cameras with more zoom.

/Roland

I'm thinking about the KM A200.
Not shure yet
I like the 28-200 mm (not so many do have such a lens)
Rather nice video (for a photo camera !)
8 megapixels
RAW
Not too heavy camera an rather small
Manual zoom

But I've been made a little bit afraid af all the postings on the
several FORUM about "dull" images.

Anyone can help me out ??

Old February 19th 05, 07:10 PM
David J Taylor

Rob "r.weekhout"@" wrote:
[]
I'm thinking about the KM A200.
Not shure yet
I like the 28-200 mm (not so many do have such a lens)
Rather nice video (for a photo camera !)
8 megapixels
RAW
Not too heavy camera an rather small
Manual zoom

But I've been made a little bit afraid af all the postings on the
several FORUM about "dull" images.

Anyone can help me out ??

You might be best to try one out for yourself. I tried the KM A2 and
rejected it for various reasons, but not "dull" images. The manual zoom
was nice, as was the resolution of the viewfinder (EVF).

Cheers,
David