CHARTER: rec.photo.digital.zlr

Old February 1st 05, 02:05 AM
J.S.Pitanga

[Deputy Dog:]Funny thing.............when you ****
in the wind you tend to get some on
yourself. think on it !

Very true. People supporting this market fraud named "ZLR" under the guise
of serving users got a lot of their own ****, their fraud shown for what
it is. No wonder that they are ****ed off!

The best,

Julio.
Old February 1st 05, 04:21 AM
Leo R.

"J.S.Pitanga" wrote in message
news
No wonder that they are ****ed off!

The best,
Julio.

I've been watching this NG for a while now and I don't see anyone ****ed off
except those who are becomming EXTREMELY ****ed off with YOU and your
infantile ranting..
PLEASE, if you are sincere in wishing us "the best" , then make it come true
by going away for good.
Not so king regards,
Leo

Old February 1st 05, 05:15 PM
J.S.Pitanga

[Leo R.:]:
I've been watching this NG for a while
now and I don't see anyone ****ed off
except those who are becomming EXTREMELY
****ed off with YOU

Indeed. I was referring exactly to them. But it is just natural that
supporters of a fraud get ****ed off when such a fraud, or their
stupidity, is exposed.

and your infantile ranting..

Don't be silly, Leo. The only one infantilely ranting here is you.

PLEASE, if you are sincere in wishing us
"the best" , then make it come true
by going away for good.

Why should I? It's you, not me ****ed off. But instead of going away for
good, I suggest that you stay, but try to be a little bit more mature in
your reactions.

Not so king regards,

You are obviously overpowered by anger, dear Leo. Like this you are unable
even to think properly. Please cool down, and as soon as you recover write
again telling something nice and useful.

The best,

Julio.
Old February 2nd 05, 09:54 AM
Terry

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 00:05:58 -0200, "J.S.Pitanga"
wrote:

[Deputy Dog:]Funny thing.............when you ****
in the wind you tend to get some on
yourself. think on it !

Very true. People supporting this market fraud named "ZLR" under the guise
of serving users got a lot of their own ****, their fraud shown for what
it is. No wonder that they are ****ed off!

The best,

Julio.

Julio, why do you categorize this naming convention as "fraud"?

Fraud is commonly defined as "deception carried out for the purpose of
achieving personal gain while causing injury to another party".

Just curious.

T.
--
Terry
Geneva
Old February 2nd 05, 04:07 PM
Frank ess

Larry wrote:
In article ,
says...
Julio, why do you categorize this naming convention as "fraud"?

Fraud is commonly defined as "deception carried out for the purpose
of achieving personal gain while causing injury to another party".

Just curious.

T.
--
Terry
Geneva

Mostly he carries on because he hasn't got a life, the rest is caused
by the fact that he is an ass 'wipe of the third order.

He feels insulted that all of the world wont agree to his definition
of whats right and whats wrong in the world of photography.

We all KNOW that the cameras he harps about arent really "Reflex"
cameras, but this group refers to them that way and it really 'ticks
him off.

He doesn't seem to have anything to add to any discussion about
cameras of any kind.

You shoulda' PLONKED him a week ago.

On the other hand, obnoxious as he may be, he also may be correct: if a
camera-maker mis-labels a product in order to gain unearned cachet (and
sales), isn't it deceptive and injurious, and immoral to perpetuate the
deception?

I think there is an element of inappropriate face-saving among the
namers of this group, who invested heavily but should be able to say,
"Oops! We might have got it wrong, but this is what we got; let's run
with it." Or better: make a new group with a name more suited to its
purpose, something that reflects "Advanced digital cameras with powerful
features but without interchangeable lens facility."
rec.photo.digital.potent.fixed-lens

It's not as if one more unused Usenet group is a legacy the "deciders"
can't live with.

Or is it?

--
Frank ess

"Because of the Swiss Cheese nature of everyone's life experience and
education, the Whoosh Bird can drop a load on anyone's head, without
warning." -Albrecht Einstein

Old February 2nd 05, 04:35 PM
David J Taylor

Frank ess wrote:
[]
I think there is an element of inappropriate face-saving among the
namers of this group, who invested heavily but should be able to say,
"Oops! We might have got it wrong, but this is what we got; let's run
with it."

There was an open discussion and ZLR was the best that anyone came up with
at the time. Plenty of people are indeed "running with it".

Cheers,
David

Old February 2nd 05, 04:46 PM
Pete Fenelon

James Silverton wrote:
This topic still keeps going! As I mentioned earlier, it was probably
battle fatigue that made people accept ZLR, which ought to be "through
the lens viewfinder" or "prime lens viewfinder" if you want to avoid R
indicating reflection. Come to think of it, PLV would not have been
bad and I believe it represents the future instead of clumsy,
antediluvian mirrors (g)!

For what it's worth, I voted against the rpd split, but I've swallowed
my pride and decided that this group is the best place to talk to people
who have similar cameras to mine and want to do similar things with
them. Renaming the group would be a faff, rmgrouping it and starting
again would be a faff, let's just live with the suboptimal group name
(the charter makes it clear what sort of camera is meant to be discussed
here) and get on with talking photography rather than trying to score
sophomoric points off each other. My killfile in this group's already
healthy enough.... ;P

pete
--
"there's no room for enigmas in built-up areas"
Old February 2nd 05, 04:58 PM
J.S.Pitanga

[Terry:]
Julio, why do you categorize this naming
convention as "fraud"?
Fraud is commonly defined as "deception carried
out for the purpose of achieving personal gain
while causing injury to another party".
Just curious.

Because it fits the definition, Terry.

This subject has already been extensively discussed. You are most welcome
to join the discussion, but please at least read the previous messages in
the thread before doing so.

The best,

Julio.