Olympus 8 Megapixel Camedia C-8080 ZLR

Old December 8th 04, 07:03 PM
Kitt

I found a new E20 for sale at Amazon for about $1700. Dell has a new
Canon 20D for $1600 with no tax (in PA), no shipping and no interest
for a year (to preferred account holders). Given a choice, guess which
one I'm going to buy? Now, I can't post links to these cameras and I
can't discuss the features of the Canon without violating the charter
of this group, so you'll have to visit another news group to verify
what I say. Don't you just love free and open discussion?

Old December 8th 04, 07:14 PM
David J Taylor

Kitt wrote:
I found a new E20 for sale at Amazon for about $1700. Dell has a new
Canon 20D for $1600 with no tax (in PA), no shipping and no interest
for a year (to preferred account holders). Given a choice, guess
which one I'm going to buy? Now, I can't post links to these cameras
and I can't discuss the features of the Canon without violating the
charter of this group, so you'll have to visit another news group to
verify what I say. Don't you just love free and open discussion?

If you have something of interest to say to ZLR users about the cameras
they are using or comparisons with other cameras I don't see why you
shouldn't say your piece. You have already indicated the purchase sources
of these cameras so I am sure that anyone who is interested will be able
to find them. Thanks for respecting the charter.

David

Old December 10th 04, 05:36 AM
Ron Zeis

"Kitt" wrote in message
oups.com...
I found a new E20 for sale at Amazon for about $1700. Dell has a new
Canon 20D for $1600 with no tax (in PA), no shipping and no interest
for a year (to preferred account holders). Given a choice, guess which
one I'm going to buy? Now, I can't post links to these cameras and I
can't discuss the features of the Canon without violating the charter
of this group, so you'll have to visit another news group to verify
what I say. Don't you just love free and open discussion?

If you wanted an E20, don't look at Amazon. It may be available for less
than half that at B&H, probably in the 600's. A couple weeks ago the B&H
had the E1 for 1149. You can get the 20D a lot cheaper too.

Ron

Old December 10th 04, 11:51 AM
Kitt

Yeah, but I was trying to find new prices to compare apples to apples.
The only thing B&H has is used E20's and you can find them elsewhere,
including E-Bay for around the range you cite. Let me know if you see
a 20D for a lot cheaper, as I really am looking to buy one.

Old December 15th 04, 07:27 PM
Chuck

Please do not post links to auctions or for-sale items here. The charter
for this newsgroup does not welcome such postings. Thank you.

and your the cop og this group ?

Old December 15th 04, 07:38 PM
Frank ess

Chuck wrote:
Please do not post links to auctions or for-sale items here. The
charter for this newsgroup does not welcome such postings. Thank you.

and your the cop og this group ?

our community is now complete: the village idiot position is filled

thank you, Chuck

dirty job, but someone's got to do it

Old December 15th 04, 09:29 PM
Bill Again

"Frank ess" wrote in message
Chuck wrote:
Please do not post links to auctions or for-sale items here. The
charter for this newsgroup does not welcome such postings. Thank you.

and your the cop og this group ?

our community is now complete: the village idiot position is filled

thank you, Chuck

dirty job, but someone's got to do it

As a matter of interest from someone who has little experince of these
groups - is the group moderated? Can a poster be excluded?

Robert R.

Old December 15th 04, 11:36 PM
John McWilliams

Bill Again wrote:

As a matter of interest from someone who has little experince of these
groups - is the group moderated? Can a poster be excluded?

The group is not moderated, and posters are excluded only by everyone
ignoring them. Hard to do; impossible for some. But if no one posted a
reply, ever, to a troll or A-hole (they are not synonymous, with several
exceptions), they would eventually loose interest. Except the bots. But
you wouldn't want to reply to a bot, would you?

John McWilliams
Old December 15th 04, 11:38 PM
Bill Again

"John McWilliams" wrote in message
Bill Again wrote:

As a matter of interest from someone who has little experince of these
groups - is the group moderated? Can a poster be excluded?

The group is not moderated, and posters are excluded only by everyone
ignoring them. Hard to do; impossible for some. But if no one posted a
reply, ever, to a troll or A-hole (they are not synonymous, with several
exceptions), they would eventually loose interest. Except the bots. But
you wouldn't want to reply to a bot, would you?

John McWilliams

Thanks for that. Appreciate your time.

Robert R.