Concentrate - Stock - Working Strength?

Old February 24th 04, 11:26 PM
Dan Quinn

Default Concentrate - Stock - Working Strength?

I know what working strength is. That is the solution strength
into which I place the film or print. But what are concentrate
and stock strength? Dan
Old February 25th 04, 12:17 AM
Gary Banuk

If you make up a stock solution of dektol you would make the powder up
to one gallon not put it into one gallon. Your working solution would
be when you take it out and dilute it to 1:1 as a working solution.

Old February 25th 04, 01:11 AM
Bruce

Concentrate:
A liquid bought from the store to make a Stock Solution and reserved.

Stock:
The liquid or powder mixed into a "stock" solution to be further refined at
time of use. Usually the manufacturer suggests the amount of dilution.

Working Strength.
The Stock diluted to accomplish the desired results of development, stop, fix,
rinsing, toning. Often not following the manufacturers directions.

_________________
Ready, Fire, AIM.
Bruce
Brooklyn, N.Y.

Old February 25th 04, 01:14 AM
Jorge Omar

I think the best example is HC-110 as per Kodak's book:
Get the concentrate (as it comes in USA bottle) and dillute it 1+3 to
make the stock solution.
Then dillute stock for your working solution.

Do people REALLY do that?

Jorge

(Dan Quinn) wrote in
om:

Old February 25th 04, 01:46 AM
Gregory W Blank

In article ,
Jorge Omar wrote:

Do people REALLY do that?

Why not ?
--
LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

Old February 25th 04, 02:23 AM
Jorge Omar

Curiosity.
I've always used HC-110 straight from concentrate.

Jorge

Gregory W Blank wrote in news:ffS_b.3419$Xv2.886
@nwrddc03.gnilink.net:

In article ,
Jorge Omar wrote:

Do people REALLY do that?

Why not ?

Old February 25th 04, 08:46 AM
David Nebenzahl

On 2/24/2004 5:23 PM Jorge Omar spake thus:

Gregory W Blank wrote in news:ffS_b.3419$Xv2.886
@nwrddc03.gnilink.net:

In article ,
Jorge Omar wrote:

Do people REALLY do that?

Why not ?

Curiosity.
I've always used HC-110 straight from concentrate.

Same he I don't see why anyone would *want* to mix stock solution from
HC-110. More work, and it goes bad faster. The only real problem with the
alternative (mixing working solution straight from concentrate) is having to
measure small quantities, and that's easily solved with either a simple
syringe or a small graduate.

--
It's fun to demonize the neo-cons and rejoice in their discomfiture, but
don't make the mistake of thinking US foreign policy was set by Norman

- Alexander Cockburn, _CounterPunch_
(http://www.counterpunch.org), 9/17/03

Old February 25th 04, 02:12 PM
Gregory W Blank

In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Same he I don't see why anyone would *want* to mix stock solution from
HC-110. More work, and it goes bad faster. The only real problem with the
alternative (mixing working solution straight from concentrate) is having to
measure small quantities, and that's easily solved with either a simple
syringe or a small graduate.

*Unless* you only mix enough stock to make the required amount
for a batch or two of film. That way you can use a simple cough syrup
1 oz graduate, and there is no futzing around with guessing the increment
of concentrate.
--
LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

Old March 9th 04, 11:06 PM
Richard Knoppow

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
On 2/24/2004 5:23 PM Jorge Omar spake thus:

Gregory W Blank wrote in

@nwrddc03.gnilink.net:

In article

,
Jorge Omar wrote:

Do people REALLY do that?

Why not ?

Curiosity.
I've always used HC-110 straight from concentrate.

Same he I don't see why anyone would *want* to mix

stock solution from
HC-110. More work, and it goes bad faster. The only real

problem with the
alternative (mixing working solution straight from

concentrate) is having to
measure small quantities, and that's easily solved with

either a simple
syringe or a small graduate.

--

For highly concentrated developers its sometimes easier to
measure accurately if a stock solution of intermediate