Which Nikon repair facility for scanner service?

Old March 17th 04, 05:41 PM
Bill Hilton

Default Which Nikon repair facility for scanner service?

My Nikon 8000 scanner needs repair and I can send it to either Melville, N.Y.
or Torrance, CA. Any reason to send it to one vs the other? I've heard of the
N.Y. repair facility but not the CA one ... Torrance is closer ...

Thanks.

Bill
Old March 20th 04, 08:52 AM
Matt Clara

"Bill Hilton" wrote in message
My Nikon 8000 scanner needs repair and I can send it to either Melville,

N.Y.
or Torrance, CA. Any reason to send it to one vs the other? I've heard

of the
N.Y. repair facility but not the CA one ... Torrance is closer ...

Thanks.

Bill

As I recall, Tony Spadaro had a bad experience having his 4000ED repaired at
the Melville center.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old March 30th 04, 05:55 AM
EDGY01

Bill,

I recall that the recording on Nikon's 1-800 directs you to send them to one or
the other.

I just can't recall which.

good luck.

Dan Lindsay
santa barbara
Old April 7th 04, 12:55 AM
Klyment Tan

I think that scanners all go to the Melville, NY facility. My Nikon LS-2000
had to go in once for repair on repair warranty after a paid repair. After
that, it has worked flawlessly but if other users have had bad experiences
with the Melville facility, I would understand. =)

- K