Leica M7 with Nikon flash?

Old February 7th 05, 02:45 PM
Curtis

Default Leica M7 with Nikon flash?

I have a Leica M7 and Nikon SB800 flash (for newest digital cameras). Will
this flash work without damaging the Leica internally? How about with a 10
year old Nikon SB24 flash? I have a huge Nikon set and would like to use
either of these flash units. Thanks!

Old February 7th 05, 03:03 PM
Matt Clara

"Curtis" wrote in message
. ..
I have a Leica M7 and Nikon SB800 flash (for newest digital cameras). Will
this flash work without damaging the Leica internally? How about with a 10
year old Nikon SB24 flash? I have a huge Nikon set and would like to use
either of these flash units. Thanks!

I've used the SB-24 and SB-80dx on my Mamiya 6 rangefinder with great
results. I say go for it.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old February 8th 05, 08:43 PM
Curtis

Thank you and Matt Clara for the response. I'll do it. Loooooove saving $300
on yet another flash.

"Roger" wrote in message
Curtis,

I've used the following flashes on my M6 Classic, all in auto mode of
course. You would also use auto mode on the M7. Promaster 1200 (tiny
$10.00 flash), SB24, Vivitar 283 and SB80dx. Only the tiny Promaster
is a good fit for size, however the SB24 (esp. with a StoFen diffuser)
produces excellent results, as does the SB80dx. As with any auto
flash, you do still have to remember to compensate the aperture
setting depending on overall reflectivity of the subject and
background distance.

Regards,
Roger