Space Shuttle Endeavor Launch 11mar08

Old March 14th 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ali

Default Space Shuttle Endeavor Launch 11mar08

I have been tempted too take a trip across the pond to watch a launch too.
The change of launch dates also puts me off.

"Andrew MacPherson" wrote in message

Just a great experience.

I'm sure it is. I'm not a big traveller (I never got the hang of moving
faster than I can run), but if anything were to get me over the Atlantic
it'd be the prospect of seeing a Shuttle launch. Of course it might have
to be a long holiday if the weather's not right. :-)

Old March 14th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ali

It would have been better if a longer lens was used, but I really like the
concept and photo. A portrait version with a longer lens would have been
really interesting. If he had plenty of room to move left, it would have
been really, really interesting

Not everyone is armed with hardware like this, so credit where credit's due,
I like it:
http://aycu22.webshots.com/image/472...0852195_rs.jpg

"just bob" wrote in message

Nice. Good photo.

Agreed. Is that about as close as they will let you get to the launch
pad?

Old March 14th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Andrew MacPherson

(Sinner) wrote:

Damn, another oil conspiracy theorist.

No, just someone with an interest in sustainable economics.

Andrew McP
Old March 15th 08, 02:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dave Devine

Ali wrote:

I have been tempted too take a trip across the pond to watch a launch too.
The change of launch dates also puts me off.

I would recommend scheduling a trip with the launch date at the
beginning of your stay. A friend of mine missed a launch by two days due
to bad weather.

Dave

--
There's a fine line between stupid and clever.
Old March 15th 08, 07:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Andrew MacPherson

(Chris Savage) wrote:

http://www.pdnpulse.com/2008/03/liftoff-on-wire.html

Interesting link, thanks.

Andrew McP

Old March 16th 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
thepixelfreak

On 2008-03-14 01:12:00 -0700,
(Andrew MacPherson) said:

The pinnacle of human technological endeavour (no pun
intended!) right there before your eyes

Huh? The space shuttle is VERY cool, but the pinnacle? No. Try the
Large Hadron Collider at CERN.

http://atlasexperiment.org/atlas_pho...n_0607_001.jpg

This

This is just ONE detector (and only the inner detector at that). LHC is
likely the most technologically advanced, ambitious experiment in human
history.

--

thepixelfreak