Space Shuttle Endeavor Launch 11mar08

Old March 13th 08, 07:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Buy_Sell

Default Space Shuttle Endeavor Launch 11mar08

Not much to see here, folks. The cloud base was really low and it was
over in seconds.

The Space Shuttle 'Endeavor' launched on the early morning of March
11th, 2008.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20556504@N03/2330814204/

Old March 14th 08, 06:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
just bob[_2_]

"Ali" wrote in message
Nice. Good photo.

Agreed. Is that about as close as they will let you get to the launch pad?

Old March 14th 08, 09:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Andrew MacPherson

(Buy_Sell) wrote:

Not much to see here, folks.

There's a little more to be seen here...

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ or...
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ima...r_08pd0714.jpg
....if not viewing this post 'today'.

At the end of the day though I think a night shuttle launch is always
going to be hard to capture in pixels. It must be a superb experience to
watch though. The pinnacle of human technological endeavour (no pun
intended!) right there before your eyes. Amazing.

Andrew McP
Old March 14th 08, 09:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Sinner

"Andrew MacPherson" wrote in message
dress_disguised...
(Buy_Sell) wrote:

Not much to see here, folks.

There's a little more to be seen here...

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ or...
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ima...r_08pd0714.jpg
...if not viewing this post 'today'.

At the end of the day though I think a night shuttle launch is always
going to be hard to capture in pixels. It must be a superb experience to
watch though. The pinnacle of human technological endeavour (no pun
intended!) right there before your eyes. Amazing.

I hope that a space launch isn't the pinnacle.

Old March 14th 08, 12:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Dave Devine

Andrew MacPherson wrote:

(Buy_Sell) wrote:

Not much to see here, folks.

There's a little more to be seen here...

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ or...
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ima...r_08pd0714.jpg
...if not viewing this post 'today'.

At the end of the day though I think a night shuttle launch is always
going to be hard to capture in pixels. It must be a superb experience to
watch though. The pinnacle of human technological endeavour (no pun
intended!) right there before your eyes. Amazing.

Andrew McP

I lived in Orlando for 2.5 years from late 99 to early 02, and I think I
only missed two launches. Drove out to Titusville, day or night, often
taking colleagues in town on business from Germany with me. Just a great
experience.

Dave

--
There's a fine line between stupid and clever.
Old March 14th 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Buy_Sell

Wow, where was that guy standing to get that shot? I was standing on
the northeast side of the bridge going to Port Canaveral. This was my
first time to a Space launch and it was a lot of fun. 'Bike Week' in
Daytona a few days prior was also amazing.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/or....r_08pd0714.jpg