Circuit City vs Best Buy

Old February 5th 04, 04:57 AM

Default Circuit City vs Best Buy

Which is better?

Old February 5th 04, 05:21 AM
Mark A

wrote in message news:402178D2.21823.53B54EA@localhost...
Which is better?

For the exact same product? BestBuy generally has a slightly better return
policy. if you don't like the product or it is defective. With regard to
price, you just have to compare each product individually.

Old February 5th 04, 05:45 AM
Harvey

wrote in message news:402178D2.21823.53B54EA@localhost...
Which is better?

Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

Old February 5th 04, 06:08 AM
Rick

"Harvey" wrote in message ...

wrote in message news:402178D2.21823.53B54EA@localhost...
Which is better?

Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

I don't patronize any business that uses rebates to compete
in the marketplace. In that regard CC is better than BB.

Rick

Old February 5th 04, 06:34 AM
Frank ess

Rick wrote:
"Harvey" wrote in message

wrote in message
Which is better?

Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

I don't patronize any business that uses rebates to compete
in the marketplace. In that regard CC is better than BB.

I ordered a disk player/recorder from Best Buy online. When they charged me
at pickup, it was 30% less than listed on the order form. No one tried to
sell me extended warranties.

Couple years ago I walked in to that same store and bought a computer. There
were about $250 in rebates attached to it. They printed a rebate form and
separate receipt for each of the four or five rebates. They didn't give me
envelopes or stamps, or fill out the forms, but within a month or so I had
deposited the checks, and the computer was selling for the same price with
no rebates.

Works for me.

--
Frank ess

Old February 5th 04, 06:59 AM
Dick Frederick

Just a local opinion, but I found, in general here in Tucson, the sales
people at CC are superior, both in quantity and quality. I look at BB as
somehing like the Wal-Mart of electronics. Also, CC treated me very well on
a major return. Obviously, this is hardly a national sampling, but CC has
my vote.

Old February 5th 04, 07:12 AM
Tony Spadaro

I would never buy anything from a crap operation like Best Buy - however
I've prtty much stopped buying from Circuit City too.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

Old February 5th 04, 08:04 AM
Donald Link

Personally I like Wendys.

Old February 5th 04, 10:05 AM
Ron Hunter

Rick wrote:

"Harvey" wrote in message ...

wrote in message news:402178D2.21823.53B54EA@localhost...

Which is better?

Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

I don't patronize any business that uses rebates to compete
in the marketplace. In that regard CC is better than BB.

Rick

?? Both use rebates.
Old February 5th 04, 10:22 AM
Mark A

Which is better?

Best Buy will hound you to buy the extra charge warranty.

You must have "sucker" written all over your face. I just politely say no,
and they ring it up. They don't work on commission at BestBuy.

If that bothers you, wait until you try to buy a new car someday.