[SI] Where are the comments on FOOD?

Old June 17th 12, 05:10 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

Default [SI] Where are the comments on FOOD?

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 11:43:10 -0400, SI Committee
wrote:
: On 2012-06-17 10:40 , Chemiker wrote:
: FWIW: I never saw comments published/posted, but now in this NG I'm
: seeing comments on the comments. Were they posted to a different NG?
:
: The "home" of the SI is rec.photo.equipment.35mm with
: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems pretty much "taking over".

Hmmm... That I hadn't noticed. I left rec.photo.digital.slr-systems off of the
list of groups to which I posted my comments, because a) that group seems to
me to be losing ground to rec.photo.digital, b) not all of the SI pictures
were taken with SLRs, and c) there's been so much bitching lately about
unnecessary cross-posting. But I did post to the other three groups (although
I believe not all of the follow-up has included them all). Alex, I liked your
pictures (2) and (3), but thought that (1) was a good idea that somewhat
missed the mark.

: The x-posting is usually to all 4 groups (above) plus rec.photo.digital
: and alt.photography.

Not quite what you meant to say, I suspect, since r.p.d and alt.photography
are included in the four.

Bob
Old June 17th 12, 05:49 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

wrote:
[...]

I'm permitted 3 logic bombs per day.

--
"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
-Samuel Clemens.
Old June 17th 12, 11:58 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Chemiker

wrote:
[...]

Noted, but where are the posts? I figured 1 and 2 might be something
to argue over, and 3 was really pretty ho-hum. But my system shows no
comments at all, only [SI] Food comment - xxxxxx (response)

?????????

Alex

Old June 18th 12, 12:24 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

The problem seems to be at your end of the pipeline. I posted my
comments on 06-13-2012, and others have responded to that thread.
Several other contributors have made comments some of which I have
responded to. With your exception, all of us seem to have no trouble
receiving and viewing the comments and responses posted thus far.

I would hate to learn that you had somehow filtered us from your Usenet
experience.

Savageduck

Old June 18th 12, 03:49 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank S

wrote:
[...]

Something moved some posters in more than just photo groups into the bit
bucket, for me. I don't think I ever did it to the concerned banishees, but
I always have to hope that someone will respond to them without excessive
snipping. I looked through all my lists of blocked and excised persons, and
those folks do not exist in them. More magic than science in this, I fear.

--
Frank ess

Old June 18th 12, 05:37 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:
[...]

Then the solution might be to clear, or empty the message cache and
reload the entire screwy NewsGroup. I have had to do this from time to
time when things go awry.
I see you are using MS Windows Live Mail which is not a dedicated
Usenet client, Alex is using a good client in Forte Agent. I am sure he
will be able to empty the message cache and reload, but I don't know
how you would go about it with Live Mail. All I can say is it might be
worth a try.

Savageduck

Old June 18th 12, 06:00 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Frank S

On 2012-06-17 15:58:05 -0700, Chemiker

wrote:
[...]

Thank you. I'll see what happens.

--
Frank ess

Old June 18th 12, 02:57 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-06-18 06:34:20 -0700, tony cooper said:

On Sun, 17 Jun 2012 21:37:58 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

Then the solution might be to clear, or empty the message cache and
reload the entire screwy NewsGroup. I have had to do this from time to
time when things go awry.
I see you are using MS Windows Live Mail which is not a dedicated
Usenet client, Alex is using a good client in Forte Agent. I am sure he
will be able to empty the message cache and reload, but I don't know
how you would go about it with Live Mail. All I can say is it might be
worth a try.

I've been using Forte Agent for something like 10 years. I've never
had to empty my message cache. I wouldn't even know how to do it.
I've never missed a message as far as I know. There are some I wish I
would have missed, though.

That's nice, but Alex has some sort of problem, not necessarily with
Agent, but probably with his server. Clearing the message cache and
reloading the troublesome NG might be a possible solution for him.

Savageduck

Old June 18th 12, 09:31 PM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Eric Stevens

wrote:

[...]

Agent does not know the term 'message cache' and, although it in
effect has one, it provides no way to deal with it. You may be able to
delete it if you know the right file (out of many) but it's not
recommended for the faint hearted.

Regards,

Eric Stevens
Old June 19th 12, 12:12 AM posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

With my client, Unison, I can empty the "Message Cache" for non-binary
groups, and the "Preview Cache" which deals with thumbnails, audio,
and video binary groups. It is quite a simple menu selection, and was
under the impression that Agent might have had a similar provision.

This allows for a clean reload of the effected group and has
occasionally solved some problems for me.

Savageduck