Lightroom- Applying a preset to multiple photos in one click

Old June 12th 07, 03:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Default Lightroom- Applying a preset to multiple photos in one click

I have 6 days left on my trial and if i dont get a positive answer to
that I'm going back to Aperture. Is there a way to apply a preset on
more than one photo at once? Simply selecting more than one photo
doesnt help - it simply applies the preset on the first photo only. I
tried many other ideas with no success. The whole point of workflow
app like LR is to streamline and quicken the process. I can't imagine
that something that is so easy in Bridge would not be possible in
Lightroom. Please prove me wrong!

Old June 12th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David Kilpatrick

Do your settings in DEVELOP for one picture. Go down the PHOTO menu to
the item DEVELOP SETTINGS and then to COPY SETTINGS - this copies your
current picture settings.

Now go back to the LIBRARY mode, and select GRID to show all your images
in the main pane, and well as in the lightbox strip pane at the bottom
of the screen. Multi-select all the images in this main pane, not in the
bottom strip, which you want to apply the settings to.

Now go back to PHOTO, DEVELOP SETTINGS and PASTE the settings. All the
pictures which now get the settings you just copied.

If you try to do this in the lightbox strip at the bottom when a SINGLE
image is displayed in the main preview pane, just the first image you
shift-click/option-click multiselect will acquire the settings. But if
you have the GRID of all the pictures showing, you can also select them
from the bottom strip and do the paste.

David

--
Icon Publications Ltd, Maxwell Place, Maxwell Lane, Kelso TD5 7BB
Company Registered in England No 2122711. Registered Office 12 Exchange
Old June 12th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John Keiser

You can also use "Quick Develope" for a series of photos changing the
settings in that pane for all.

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

Old June 13th 07, 09:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ryadia

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have 6 days left on my trial and if i dont get a positive answer to
that I'm going back to Aperture. Is there a way to apply a preset on
more than one photo at once? Simply selecting more than one photo
doesnt help - it simply applies the preset on the first photo only. I
tried many other ideas with no success. The whole point of workflow
app like LR is to streamline and quicken the process. I can't imagine
that something that is so easy in Bridge would not be possible in
Lightroom. Please prove me wrong!

Well now... A load of useless crap from some equally useless contributors.

I do it by importing all the images at their current location, with the
alterations you wish to apply. I understand the soon to be released version
(1.1) makes it a little easier to do. You might like to get hold of the
"WOW" actions - free. They provide quick and dirty fixes for many common
faults found in RAW images.

I found initially it was a pain in the butt but given perseverance and a few
people actually possessing the knowledge, telling me some helpful tips, I
now use it and doing so, at least halves my computer time after a 400 shot
shoot.

It doesn't replace Photoshop and the latest 4.1 ACR of Photoshop is
remarkable like Lightroom's features. You could decide as I have that
upgrading to CS3 and ACR 4.1 is better value than Lightroom.

--
Douglas,
Those who can, just do it.

Old June 17th 07, 07:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
MarkČ

Ryadia wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]

Do you have a link for the "Wow" actions you're referring to?

www.pbase.com/markuson