Infrared Photography Competition

Old December 6th 06, 10:26 PM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Wayne J. Cosshall

Default Infrared Photography Competition

UC wrote:

You're a moron.

LOLOL

Thanks for the laugh
--
Wayne J. Cosshall
Old December 6th 06, 10:54 PM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
UC

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
UC wrote:

You're a moron.

LOLOL

Thanks for the laugh
--
Wayne J. Cosshall

No respect...no repect at all.

I dropped some change in the Salvation Army pot and they threw it back
at me.

Casper the Friendly Ghost hit me with a baseball bat.

I fell in a well and asked for help. Lassie heard me but didn't come to
help.

Gentle Ben almost ripped my arm off.

Old December 7th 06, 12:09 AM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
[BnH]

School christmas break on already I believe.

"UC" wrote in message
ups.com...

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
UC wrote:

You're a moron.

LOLOL

Thanks for the laugh

Old December 7th 06, 10:40 AM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Mr.T

"Gisle Hannemyr" wrote in message
Take a look at the spectral sensitivity diagram for Kodak's
HIE amd HSI Ingrared films:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...13/f002_0333ac
..gif

As you can see the film is a lot more sensitive at 400 nm (blue) than
it is at 720 nm (where is where near-IR starts). This means that
unless you use a filter like Wratten #89B to cut off frequencies below
720 nm, visible light will swamp the near-IR right, so it will mainly
be a visible light photograph.

True, and many of my IR Ektachromes were taken with little or no filtration
for that exact reason. The colors are more natural, and IR sources are
enhanced in a fairly subtle way. It all depends on what effect you are after
for the shot at hand obviously.

MrT.

Old December 10th 06, 08:38 AM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr

"Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote in message
| Pierre J. Proudhon wrote:

Digital sensors don't have the same halation of many IR
| films, so the results look a bit different, that's all.

er, the Koni IR film had an antihalation layer built into the film - and
anyone who really understood IR who wanted to use Kodak but didn't want
halation covered the pressure plate with black paper (120 backing paper was
good)