Canon 10-22 v. Nikon 12-24

Old January 15th 05, 02:15 PM
Marty

Default Canon 10-22 v. Nikon 12-24

My choice of dslr will be based solely on which system provides the
best WA zoom. I have read several reviews, but found none which
compare the two lenses. Canon is a couple of hundred dollars cheaper,
but must order separate lens hood. Both offer same view angles
considering their 1.6 v. 1.5. Any opinions?? Thank you!
Old January 15th 05, 06:42 PM
Chuck

Both offer same view angles
considering their 1.6 v. 1.5.

not really

10mm @ 1.6 = 16 mm
12mm @ 1.5 = 18 mm

22mm @ 1.6 = 35.2 mm
24mm @ 1.5 = 36 mm

Old January 15th 05, 06:42 PM
Chuck

Both offer same view angles
considering their 1.6 v. 1.5.

not really

10mm @ 1.6 = 16 mm
12mm @ 1.5 = 18 mm

22mm @ 1.6 = 35.2 mm
24mm @ 1.5 = 36 mm

Old January 15th 05, 06:42 PM
Chuck

Both offer same view angles
considering their 1.6 v. 1.5.

not really

10mm @ 1.6 = 16 mm
12mm @ 1.5 = 18 mm

22mm @ 1.6 = 35.2 mm
24mm @ 1.5 = 36 mm

Old January 15th 05, 08:53 PM
Eric Gill

Marty wrote in
:

Canon is a couple of hundred dollars cheaper,
but must order separate lens hood.

Are you kidding?

Tell you what - send me a couple of hundred dollars, and I'll order a
twenty dollar lens hood for you. Sound like a deal?

Old January 15th 05, 10:33 PM
Marty

Chuck,

You are right. But close enough for me.

Marty

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:42:21 -0500, "Chuck"
wrote:

Both offer same view angles
considering their 1.6 v. 1.5.

not really

10mm @ 1.6 = 16 mm
12mm @ 1.5 = 18 mm

22mm @ 1.6 = 35.2 mm
24mm @ 1.5 = 36 mm

Old January 15th 05, 10:33 PM
Marty

Chuck,

You are right. But close enough for me.

Marty

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:42:21 -0500, "Chuck"
wrote:

Both offer same view angles
considering their 1.6 v. 1.5.

not really

10mm @ 1.6 = 16 mm
12mm @ 1.5 = 18 mm

22mm @ 1.6 = 35.2 mm
24mm @ 1.5 = 36 mm

Old January 15th 05, 10:33 PM
Marty

Chuck,

You are right. But close enough for me.

Marty

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:42:21 -0500, "Chuck"
wrote:

Both offer same view angles
considering their 1.6 v. 1.5.

not really