GETTING TO KNOW THE FABULOUS 40D !

Old September 22nd 07, 10:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Annika1980

Default GETTING TO KNOW THE FABULOUS 40D !

Went out today armed with the brand new Fabulous 40D and
the Forgotten 400 f/5.6L.

Met some old friends ....

....and some new ones:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016296

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016299

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016300

Old September 22nd 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Tony Polson

Annika1980 wrote:

Went out today armed with the brand new Fabulous 40D and
the Forgotten 400 f/5.6L.

Met some old friends ....

...and some new ones:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016296

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016299

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016300

Once again, Bret, you have raised the standard of your work.

Your composition is superb, and these images are technically
faultless. You have achieved a level of competence much higher than I
ever thought you would, and you continue to improve.

Time for that book.

Old September 22nd 07, 11:03 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

Met some old friends ....http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016295/original

...and some new ones:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016296

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016299

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016300

I don't believe it! It's my good friend Spike!! I've missed you!
Very sharp and clean portrait of our friend, Bret. Fantastic.
I LOVE that hummingbird shot! Her wings are captured in a way that
shows movement, and that's what you want to achieve. But I especially
like the ghost-effect (not sure what you call it but that's what it
looks like to me), of the wings. By far your best hummer shot yet,
IMHO.
The butterfly shots are spectacular! The colors are vibrant and the
bokeh is beautifully creamy.
Superb job.....again!
Helen

Old September 22nd 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

On Sep 22, 6:12 pm, Tony Polson wrote:
wrote:

I don't believe it! It's my good friend Spike!! I've missed you!
Very sharp and clean portrait of our friend, Bret. Fantastic.
I LOVE that hummingbird shot! Her wings are captured in a way that
shows movement, and that's what you want to achieve. But I especially
like the ghost-effect (not sure what you call it but that's what it
looks like to me), of the wings. By far your best hummer shot yet,
IMHO.
The butterfly shots are spectacular! The colors are vibrant and the
bokeh is beautifully creamy.
Superb job.....again!

Agree 100%.

You could never accuse Bret of not putting your generous gift to very,
very good use, Helen!

Yes, that is very true. But in all fairness Bret deserves the credit
for being generous. He has helped me with many matters and has
generously given me priceless gifts.
Helen

Old September 23rd 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

Better kept private, Helen.

When it comes to private matters, the less said online, the better.- Hide quoted text -

Agreed!
Helen

Old September 23rd 07, 02:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
N[_3_]

"Annika1980" wrote in message
ups.com...
Went out today armed with the brand new Fabulous 40D and
the Forgotten 400 f/5.6L.

Met some old friends ....

...and some new ones:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016296

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016299

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016300

Is there a story as to how the spike came out?

Old September 23rd 07, 05:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
George Anderson

Annika1980 wrote:
Went out today armed with the brand new Fabulous 40D and
the Forgotten 400 f/5.6L.

Met some old friends ....

...and some new ones:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016296

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016299

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016300

Great shots Bret! The DOF is perfect on all the shots.
Try zooming in on Spikes eye on your original, there may be enough
detail to see your own reflection.

George
Old September 23rd 07, 10:38 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Mick Brown

Annika1980 wrote in news:1190497490.507994.19940
@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

Went out today armed with the brand new Fabulous 40D and
the Forgotten 400 f/5.6L.

Met some old friends ....

...and some new ones:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016296

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016299

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/86016300

Supoib Brett, I especially like the second one.

Mick Brown