[SI] Matt Clara's In Plain Sight Shot

Old July 19th 04, 01:06 AM
Matt Clara

Default [SI] Matt Clara's In Plain Sight Shot

http://www.pbase.com/image/31495333
Shot with a 28mm lens on Fuji Velvia 50--hand held!!! Madness, I know, but
my tripod won't go down to 2 inches! The focus leaves something to be
desired as a result. Obviously I need to try it again with Velvia 100F and
a real macro lens!
Great year for fungi and moss in Michigan. Great year for me, too, with
relatively cool temperatures.

How would one go about supporting a camera at 2 inches? Bean bag?

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old July 19th 04, 01:11 AM
Mark M

"Matt Clara" wrote in message
http://www.pbase.com/image/31495333
Shot with a 28mm lens on Fuji Velvia 50--hand held!!! Madness, I know,

but
my tripod won't go down to 2 inches! The focus leaves something to be
desired as a result. Obviously I need to try it again with Velvia 100F

and
a real macro lens!
Great year for fungi and moss in Michigan. Great year for me, too, with
relatively cool temperatures.

How would one go about supporting a camera at 2 inches? Bean bag?

The colors are beautiful!
Unfortunately, it seems clear that the plane of focus was set just THIS side
of the mushroom.
This would be a perfect scenario for a bean bag and remote, or a built-in
timer.

Old July 19th 04, 06:08 AM
Annika1980

http://www.pbase.com/image/31495333
Shot with a 28mm lens on Fuji Velvia 50--hand held!!! Madness, I know,

but
my tripod won't go down to 2 inches!

I had a similar problem the other day when I shot this one.
http://www.pbase.com/image/31516271
I had to get down and dirty to get that one.

Here's another one I considered submitting:
http://www.pbase.com/image/31516269
I made a graduation card for my wife (when she recently got her Masters) with
that pic on it with the caption, "You always were a standout."

Also, here's one I took just a few minutes ago:
http://www.pbase.com/image/31516270
I was out shooting my spider at midnight when I heard something land in the
bush underneath me. I even managed to fire off a few shots with the Fabulous
EOS-1V and some Velvia 100F, but we'll have to wait a few days to see those
results.

Old July 21st 04, 12:39 AM
Mr Blobby

Ditto for Local Culture, very inspiring!

"Mr Blobby" wrote in message
Nice Photo Matt, my Pick of the bunch.

BLOB

Old July 22nd 04, 02:33 PM