[SI] Moderately cranky Jim's Comments on B&W

Old October 29th 04, 07:18 PM
Peter Chant

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:52:28 -0400, jimkramer wrote:

Peter Chant: Don't you hate it when a bunch of people get in the way of a
perfectly nice picture.

Yes, but it was taken on a Saturday afternoon so no chance of taking it
without people. This one had fewer people. If it had been quieter I may
have moved in closer, but that would have involved standing in the middle
of the street. Instead I hung around for a minute or two at the side of
the street out the way waiting for least people.

Well, it has people in it I will call it street photography. Oh sorry I
can't, I didn't use a Leica...

:-)

Interestingly I find I have never really stopped to take a good look at
this building.
Old October 29th 04, 07:29 PM
Alan Browne

Peter Chant wrote:

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:52:28 -0400, jimkramer wrote:

Peter Chant: Don't you hate it when a bunch of people get in the way of a
perfectly nice picture.

Yes, but it was taken on a Saturday afternoon so no chance of taking it
without people. This one had fewer people. If it had been quieter I may
have moved in closer, but that would have involved standing in the middle
of the street. Instead I hung around for a minute or two at the side of
the street out the way waiting for least people.

You could have tried the old f/32 with ND 8 (or denser) filter and slow film
trick (long exposure) to erase most of the people...

Old October 29th 04, 10:16 PM
Alan Browne

jimkramer wrote:

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

If you're not going to take the time, nor apply yourself, you shouldn't
bother.

Start taking your own advice?

Read my reviews. They are not 3 liners in general and usually point out both
strengths and weaknesses as I seem them.

Old October 29th 04, 11:29 PM
jimkramer

jimkramer wrote:

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

If you're not going to take the time, nor apply yourself, you shouldn't
bother.

Start taking your own advice?

Read my reviews. They are not 3 liners in general and usually point out
both strengths and weaknesses as I seem them.

I was actually talking about your submissions. The whole point of the SI
was to get people out to take pictures, not peruse the archive for something
that fits.

As I said befo Don't like it, don't read it, cause you can't unread it.

Jim Kramer

Old October 30th 04, 01:28 AM
Alan Browne

jimkramer wrote:

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

If you're not going to take the time, nor apply yourself, you shouldn't
bother.

Start taking your own advice?

Read my reviews. They are not 3 liners in general and usually point out
both strengths and weaknesses as I seem them.

I was actually talking about your submissions. The whole point of the SI
was to get people out to take pictures, not peruse the archive for something
that fits.

I do that when I have time to do so. But I don't post reviews that are for the
most part totally useless.