Kodak Announces the World's Smallest Ultra-Wide-Angle Zoom Digital Camera

Old August 8th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newcamz.blogspot.com

Default Kodak Announces the World's Smallest Ultra-Wide-Angle Zoom Digital Camera

"Kodak has announced today a handful of new EasyShare cameras. The 7.0
megapixel EasyShare V705 Dual Lens and the 8 megapixel EasyShare C875
both feature a 5x all glass Schneider-Kreuznach optical zoom lens and a
2.5-inch LCD and the V705 also sports an additional ultra wide 23mm
lens. Kodak has also announced two entry level cameras; the C743 and
C433."

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0608/06...c875.asp#press

Cheers!
http://newcamz.blogspot.com

Old August 9th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

newcamz.blogspot.com wrote:
"Kodak has announced today a handful of new EasyShare cameras. The 7.0
megapixel EasyShare V705 Dual Lens and the 8 megapixel EasyShare C875
both feature a 5x all glass Schneider-Kreuznach optical zoom lens and a
2.5-inch LCD and the V705 also sports an additional ultra wide 23mm
lens. Kodak has also announced two entry level cameras; the C743 and
C433."

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0608/06...c875.asp#press

Cheers!
http://newcamz.blogspot.com

These cameras lack one essential (for me) feature. NO viewfinder, no
buy. It's that simple.
While they have great statistics, the lack of this basic feature removes
them from consideration.
Old August 9th 06, 07:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bucky

Ron Hunter wrote:
These cameras lack one essential (for me) feature. NO viewfinder, no
buy. It's that simple.
While they have great statistics, the lack of this basic feature removes
them from consideration.

The smallest cameras don't have viewfinders, takes up too much space.

Old August 9th 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Hebee Jeebes

View finders only have one small advantage they are easy to use in bright
light. Beyond that they add nothing but size and weight to a camera. The
Kodak V610 is a wonderful camera considering its size, zoom range and image
stabilization.

Old August 9th 06, 09:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Bucky wrote:
Ron Hunter wrote:
These cameras lack one essential (for me) feature. NO viewfinder, no
buy. It's that simple.
While they have great statistics, the lack of this basic feature removes
them from consideration.

The smallest cameras don't have viewfinders, takes up too much space.

That's like saying a window takes up too much space on an automobile.
Some things are just WORTH the space.
Old August 9th 06, 09:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Hebee Jeebes wrote:
View finders only have one small advantage they are easy to use in bright
light. Beyond that they add nothing but size and weight to a camera. The
Kodak V610 is a wonderful camera considering its size, zoom range and image
stabilization.

As I said, the features/specs are great, but without a viewfinder,
preferably optical, I am NOT a potential customer. Some things are just
essential.
I wouldn't buy a car without a windshield either...
Old August 9th 06, 10:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Freda

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
Hebee Jeebes wrote:
View finders only have one small advantage they are easy to use in bright
light. Beyond that they add nothing but size and weight to a camera. The
Kodak V610 is a wonderful camera considering its size, zoom range and
image stabilization.

As I said, the features/specs are great, but without a viewfinder,
preferably optical, I am NOT a potential customer. Some things are just
essential.
I wouldn't buy a car without a windshield either...

Any camera without an optical viewfinder is only really suitable for
snapshot type photography. Not to mention that the LCD is the biggest drain
on the battery, so having to rely on it all the time for framing and taking
pictures is going to have a major hit on battery life.

Old August 9th 06, 04:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 03:18:57 -0500, Ron Hunter
wrote:

Bucky wrote:
Ron Hunter wrote:
These cameras lack one essential (for me) feature. NO viewfinder, no
buy. It's that simple.
While they have great statistics, the lack of this basic feature removes
them from consideration.

The smallest cameras don't have viewfinders, takes up too much space.

That's like saying a window takes up too much space on an automobile.
Some things are just WORTH the space to me.

I fixed it for you.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old August 9th 06, 04:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 10:47:26 +0100, "Freda"
wrote:

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
Hebee Jeebes wrote:
View finders only have one small advantage they are easy to use in bright
light. Beyond that they add nothing but size and weight to a camera. The
Kodak V610 is a wonderful camera considering its size, zoom range and
image stabilization.

As I said, the features/specs are great, but without a viewfinder,
preferably optical, I am NOT a potential customer. Some things are just
essential.
I wouldn't buy a car without a windshield either...

Any camera without an optical viewfinder is only really suitable for
snapshot type photography. Not to mention that the LCD is the biggest drain
on the battery, so having to rely on it all the time for framing and taking
pictures is going to have a major hit on battery life.

Compared with earlier P&S cameras I've had, I've not found that to be
so for my FX01.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old August 9th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
SMS

newcamz.blogspot.com wrote:
"Kodak has announced today a handful of new EasyShare cameras. The 7.0
megapixel EasyShare V705 Dual Lens and the 8 megapixel EasyShare C875
both feature a 5x all glass Schneider-Kreuznach optical zoom lens and a
2.5-inch LCD and the V705 also sports an additional ultra wide 23mm
lens. Kodak has also announced two entry level cameras; the C743 and
C433."

The wide-angle model is interesting, but it lacks an optical view-finder
which is a no-compromise feature on all but the lowest end cameras.