Windows 10. Horrible!

Old November 13th 17, 04:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Windows 10. Horrible!

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 13 November 2017 15:46:10 UTC, android wrote:
In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

Macs are PCs...

Not for this decusion, but then again why can;t a phone or tablet be
called
personal computer ?

it can, and is.

no it can't. they are devices

you're talking crap they are all devices.

A computer can do the job of a device but not the other way around.

because they are computers and far more personal than the average desk
top.

yep.

they are not computers in the traditional sense more than, let's say a
pocket calculator...

a computer has to be programble in some way a calculator is NOT but you get
programable calculators.

Calculators are loaded with programs at the MF plant...
--
teleportation kills
Old November 13th 17, 04:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 13 November 2017 15:44:04 UTC, android wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 13 November 2017 10:45:30 UTC, android wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 10 November 2017 21:02:58 UTC, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave says...

I don;t want a 14" screen for working on thanks I have a 27 inch
screen
at home and at work I also have a 24" screen dula monitors.

and and a keyboard and you
can't connect external HDDs to them.

I can have cloud storage and as much as I want.

The cloud won't help in places where there is no connectivity (or
poor
connectivity).

One more thing, the notebook comes with Windows, meaning you can
run
all
Windows software on it.

Wow what an advantage, one wonders why all PC users don't opt for
this
laptop, maybe they know better.
A mac can run mac software and PC software.

Macs are PCs...
--

Not for this decusion, but then again why can;t a phone or tablet be
called a

Sure they are. Macs are PCs by any meaningful definition just like Linux
desktops are.

So linux desktops can;t be Macs, my first and last linux box was a power Mac
7600 with SCSI drives, SCSI CD drive ll faster access than the PCs of their
time which used slopw IDE drives.

A Linux desktop can run on Apple hardware. It would not be meaningful to
call them Macs though unless you run them in VMs. I have two available
on this Mac but only use them occasionally...

I have one under mine as it are! Phones and pads/tabs are
mobile devices...

Is a laptop a mobile device is a netbook or notbook a mobile device ?

They are mobile computers...
--
teleportation kills
Old November 13th 17, 05:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 13 November 2017 16:50:30 UTC, android wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 13 November 2017 15:46:10 UTC, android wrote:
In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

Macs are PCs...

Not for this decusion, but then again why can;t a phone or tablet
be
called
personal computer ?

it can, and is.

no it can't. they are devices

you're talking crap they are all devices.

A computer can do the job of a device but not the other way around.

Talking crap.

Oki...

Do you have any idea what a device is ?
A device such as a sexton can tell you where stars and planets are at X time
so can a computer.

A sexton is not an electronic programable, by factory or user device.

because they are computers and far more personal than the average
desk
top.

yep.

they are not computers in the traditional sense more than, let's say a
pocket calculator...

a computer has to be programble in some way a calculator is NOT but you
get
programable calculators.

Calculators are loaded with programs at the MF plant...

a slide rule is a calculator it is NOT loaded with programs.

A slid rule is not an electronic pocket calculator.
--
teleportation kills
Old November 13th 17, 05:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

they are not computers in the traditional sense more than, let's say a
pocket calculator...

a computer has to be programble in some way a calculator is NOT but you get
programable calculators.

Calculators are loaded with programs at the MF plant...

and by the user, while sitting next to the house plants:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMBqtFKzxWA&t=23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPq0hGGack0&t=26

keep in mind that the hp-65 was released in 1974, at a time when
computers were not desktops. the hp-41 was released in 1979.
Old November 13th 17, 06:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

they are not computers in the traditional sense more than, let's say a
pocket calculator...

a computer has to be programble in some way a calculator is NOT but you
get
programable calculators.

Calculators are loaded with programs at the MF plant...

I have a HP15c in a drawer. It used to be a 41 but that one got lost.
Neither is/was computer...

If you want a RNP calc app, with HP like stack for your mobile then:

https://real-calc.en.aptoide.com/

Works for me...

and by the user, while sitting next to the house plants:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMBqtFKzxWA&t=23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPq0hGGack0&t=26

keep in mind that the hp-65 was released in 1974, at a time when
computers were not desktops. the hp-41 was released in 1979.

Find other apps for your smartphone Goog free:

https://en.aptoide.com/
--
teleportation kills
Old November 13th 17, 08:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

I have a HP15c in a drawer. It used to be a 41 but that one got lost.
Neither is/was computer...

hp would disagree.

If you want a RNP calc app, with HP like stack for your mobile then:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/i41cx/id292619450?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/my41cx/id979041950?mt=8
Old November 13th 17, 09:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

I have a HP15c in a drawer. It used to be a 41 but that one got lost.
Neither is/was computer...

hp would disagree.

they cant even make decent sauce these days! :-ppp
--
teleportation kills
Old November 13th 17, 11:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 10:36:38 -0500, nospam

Whisky-dave wrote:

Macs are PCs...

Not for this decusion, but then again why can;t a phone or tablet be called a
personal computer ?

it can, and is.

because they are computers and far more personal than the average desk top.

yep.

Then Macs are PCs too.

Eric Stevens
Old November 13th 17, 11:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 19:47:34 +0100, android wrote:

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

they are not computers in the traditional sense more than, let's say a
pocket calculator...

a computer has to be programble in some way a calculator is NOT but you
get
programable calculators.

Calculators are loaded with programs at the MF plant...

I have a HP15c in a drawer. It used to be a 41 but that one got lost.
Neither is/was computer...

The HP 41 most definitely was a computer. I programmed and used one
for years to do all kinds of useful things. I particularly liked its
built in routine for solving equations with Newton's method.

Old November 14th 17, 12:27 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Calculators are loaded with programs at the MF plant...

I have a HP15c in a drawer. It used to be a 41 but that one got lost.
Neither is/was computer...

The HP 41 most definitely was a computer.

yep, although a very limited one.

I programmed and used one
for years to do all kinds of useful things. I particularly liked its
built in routine for solving equations with Newton's method.

i had one as well. still do, in fact. i particularly liked the circuit
analysis module.

did you have the ppc chip? now *that* made for some very cool
programming...