Wall-mount or portable digital photo album

Old May 20th 05, 05:57 PM
LurfysMa

Default Wall-mount or portable digital photo album

My mom's 80th birthday is this summer. She loves photos of the kids
and grandkids. We were thinking that she might like some sort of
digital "album" that she could either put on the coffee table or hang
on the wall that would hold a collection of photos and display them as
in a slide show.

I have found a few possibilities. I would appreciate any comments or
suggestions. Does anyone have any experience with any of these
products or any others?

Thanks

1. 11.75" picture frame style album, 16MB memory, $260. It doesn't say
who makes this or much about how it works.

http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/gst118a0901a.html

2. Pacific Digital, 8x10 Memory Frame, $390. This seems to be a more
high-end product. It's not clear if it can also transfer from a PC.

http://www.pcrush.com/prodspec.asp?l...646&refid=1238

3. Epson P-2000 portable card transfer device, $500. This is a
completely different device, but interesting. It's slightly smaller
than a paperback book, has a 40GB hard, and a 3.8" hi-res viewing
screen. Photos (and movies) can be transferred from the memory cards
or by USB 2.0 cable. Gramma could slip this into her purse and regale
the bridge ladies with endless photos of grandkids.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...s/P-2000.shtml

4. Transcend Digital Album, $370. This is a lower-end version of the
Epson. It has a 20GB disk, 2.5" screen, USB 2.0.

http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/p... num=4&exid=2

Old May 21st 05, 04:39 PM
Marvin

LurfysMa wrote:
[...]

We have had the Kodak Memory Box for about 3 years, and we love it. The timer is set to
turn it on a bit before we usually wake up, and it is lovely to begreeted with family
pictures. The pix are stored in internal memory and a memoruy card, and we have no
problem with adding pictures, setting up the unit, and so on. But we have been a
computer-using family since the first PCs. If you live near your mom and do this for her,
she would probably like it very much.

Like most grandparents, our refrigerator is covered with pictures, and there are many
framed ones around too. But we love the morning slide show.