fixing a Super Ikonta 6x9

Old April 25th 05, 11:45 PM
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default fixing a Super Ikonta 6x9

I have a Super Ikonta 6x9 that works except that the rangefinder
has come to bits (no second image, tinkly sound when you shake it).
I don't want to put a huge investment into this as I can eyeball
distances pretty well, but if I can fix it for nothing but my time
and a bit of optical cement I will. Anyone got some disassembly
instructions for the rangefinder on one of these? It's a meterless
model from the late 30s.

I'm not hugely fond of it. The 6x4.5 model feels much more human-
hand-sized, I used mine a lot before I dropped it. But the big one
is improved a lot by firing it with a short shutter release cable.
Optically it is nowhere near as good as a Minolta Autocord, but the
extra size sometimes helps and it's more reliable.

Old April 26th 05, 12:54 AM
Stacey

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

I'm not hugely fond of it. The 6x4.5 model feels much more human-
hand-sized, I used mine a lot before I dropped it. But the big one
is improved a lot by firing it with a short shutter release cable.
Optically it is nowhere near as good as a Minolta Autocord, but the
extra size sometimes helps and it's more reliable.

I feel the end results from the 6X4.5 folder models are better than the 6X9
as well. The 6X9 has soft corners even with the best lenses and the film
flatness issues with the larger negative kill most of the advantage the
larger size would have.

On the finder, shouldn't bee too hard to pop the top plate off, I bet the
mirror came unglued from it's mount.

--

Stacey
Old April 26th 05, 03:30 PM
Matt Clara

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
I have a Super Ikonta 6x9 that works except that the rangefinder
has come to bits (no second image, tinkly sound when you shake it).
I don't want to put a huge investment into this as I can eyeball
distances pretty well, but if I can fix it for nothing but my time
and a bit of optical cement I will. Anyone got some disassembly
instructions for the rangefinder on one of these? It's a meterless
model from the late 30s.

http://www.cleanimages.com/Article-M...YourPocket.asp
http://www.certo6.com/ Jurgen will likely talk you through it.

Matt Clara