which cameras are not built in china ?

Old March 8th 05, 11:39 AM
Bhup

Default which cameras are not built in china ?

I saw a program on the TV and it was claimed most cameras are built in
china. is this true ?

Old March 8th 05, 12:57 PM
AnOvercomer 02

My Elan 7n was made in Taiwan. My Rebel 2 and Rebel 2000 were made in
Taiwan also.

Cody,

http://community-2.webtv.net/AnOverc...otographyLinks

Old March 8th 05, 01:29 PM
Ian Riches

Bhup ) wrote...
I saw a program on the TV and it was claimed most cameras are built in
china. is this true ?

It was on TV. It must be true ;-)

FWIW, my EOS 10D was made in Japan.

Ian
--
Ian Riches
Bedford, UK
Old March 8th 05, 02:11 PM
Paul Bielec

Bhup wrote:

I saw a program on the TV and it was claimed most cameras are built in
china. is this true ?

Most probably only high end stuff (pro) is still made in Japan.
I'm pretty sure that the only thing I own that was made in Japan is my
car...
Old March 8th 05, 03:27 PM
death skunk five

most cameras arent (pro) models.

so yes, they are all made in china.

Old March 8th 05, 05:18 PM
Gordon Hudson

"Paul Bielec" wrote in message
Bhup wrote:

I saw a program on the TV and it was claimed most cameras are built in
china. is this true ?

Most probably only high end stuff (pro) is still made in Japan.
I'm pretty sure that the only thing I own that was made in Japan is my
car...

Many Japanese cars are built inthe UK now (Nissan and Honda etc)

Old March 8th 05, 07:40 PM
Paul Bielec

Bhup wrote:

I saw a program on the TV and it was claimed most cameras are built in
china. is this true ?

Most probably only high end stuff (pro) is still made in Japan.
I'm pretty sure that the only thing I own that was made in Japan is my
car...

Many Japanese cars are built inthe UK now (Nissan and Honda etc)

I know but mine was made in Japan.
Old March 8th 05, 07:49 PM
chidalgo

Bhup wrote:

I saw a program on the TV and it was claimed most cameras are built in
china. is this true ?

Lately EVERYTHING is made on China

--
chidalgo
Old March 8th 05, 08:14 PM
DaveW

chidalgo wrote:
Bhup wrote:

I saw a program on the TV and it was claimed most cameras are built in
china. is this true ?

Lately EVERYTHING is made on China

--
chidalgo

Except forture cookies. Those seem to be made in California.

DAve

Old March 8th 05, 08:43 PM
William Graham

.. .

Bhup wrote:

I saw a program on the TV and it was claimed most cameras are built in
china. is this true ?

Most probably only high end stuff (pro) is still made in Japan.
I'm pretty sure that the only thing I own that was made in Japan is my
car...

Many Japanese cars are built inthe UK now (Nissan and Honda etc)

My Subaru was made in Indiana........(assembled there, at least....)