Images: Aviation Photographers

Old January 19th 05, 02:23 AM
Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

Default Images: Aviation Photographers

From the west side observation area next to 9L.

http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/spotters

Old January 19th 05, 02:39 AM
ArtKramr

Subject: Images: Aviation Photographers
From: "Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³"
Date: 1/18/2005 6:23 P.M. Pacific Standard Time
From the west side observation area next to 9L.

http://www.pbase.com/lautermilch/spotters

Visit my website for aviation pix 10,000 ft over the Ruhr Valley 1943-1945

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old January 19th 05, 05:00 AM
Basic Wedge

Dean. What type of airplane was it that attracted the interests of so many
photographers?

Rob

Old January 19th 05, 05:18 AM
Dean S. Lautermilch®²ºº³

Fort Lauderdale is a tourist destination and many plane spotters and
photographers will visit FLL and MIA when in the area. Not to forget that
the viewing area in question is about as close as you can get to a runway at
a major airport. I've met a lot of people from around the country and Europe
that knew about that spot and wanted to visit it. There used to be holes in
the fence for cameras but those were removed.

The images are over a two day period as you can see the person who got
stopped by the police is wearing a different shirt in other shots.

Old January 19th 05, 03:38 PM
Basic Wedge

"Dean S. Lautermilch wrote ...

Fort Lauderdale is a tourist destination and many plane spotters and
photographers will visit FLL and MIA when in the area. Not to forget that
the viewing area in question is about as close as you can get to a runway
at a major airport. I've met a lot of people from around the country and
Europe that knew about that spot and wanted to visit it. There used to be
holes in the fence for cameras but those were removed.

--------------

That's really quite interesting. I didn't realize anyone else shared my
interest in photographing aircraft.

The city I live in has its main airport {YWG} well within the city's
boundaries. It's no problem to get at least as close to the flight
operations here, as was shown in your photos. The added plus is that the
civilian airport shares its runways with the local Air Force base. We get a
nice, steady mix of civil and military aircraft types coming and going on a
regular basis. I can even stand and photograph aircraft at either end of the
runway - right among the lights, just short of the piano keys. If we had the
same high traffic levels you get there, this would become an absolute Mecca
for spotters.

Rob