I need photo xmas cards with printing on both inside sides

Old November 30th 05, 02:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default I need photo xmas cards with printing on both inside sides

I have a customer who bought some event photos and now wants one of my
photos printed on the cover of their xmas card. They want the photo on
front with an xmas frame around it (easy) and they want text on both
inside sides, on one side describing the photo on the front, on the
other side their holiday greeting. I can't find any card companies
that offer printing on BOTH inside sides with text the customer
supplies. Does anyone here know of a service that does this?

Thanks!

jc

Old November 30th 05, 03:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a customer who bought some event photos and now wants one of my
photos printed on the cover of their xmas card. They want the photo on
front with an xmas frame around it (easy) and they want text on both
inside sides, on one side describing the photo on the front, on the
other side their holiday greeting. I can't find any card companies
that offer printing on BOTH inside sides with text the customer
supplies. Does anyone here know of a service that does this?

Thanks!

jc

Not sure, but check with Vista Print (vistaprint.com). We just got
Christmas cards from them, but only printed on one side, inside.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old November 30th 05, 03:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Skip M" writes:
Not sure, but check with Vista Print (vistaprint.com). We just got
Christmas cards from them, but only printed on one side, inside.

Oh you poor guy. I bought some business cards from them. I hear they
spam your email after that, but I don't know because I gave them a
bogus email address. However, they have been calling me on the phone
with recorded sales pitches ever since, a huge pain in the ass, and
they haven't stopped despite my repeated requests. I hope they don't
do that to you. In any case I'd advise against buying anything from
them, though it's too late in your case. I hope you didn't give them
your phone number. Unfortunately, since I wanted my number printed
on my business cards, it was impossible for me to not give them mine.
Old November 30th 05, 03:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Marutchi wrote:

Shutterfly do, though I'm not sure if that is what you want.

I've been all over their site and I can only find cards with printing
on one of the inside sides. Can you give directions on how to find the

Old November 30th 05, 03:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Paul Rubin" wrote in message
"Skip M" writes:
Not sure, but check with Vista Print (vistaprint.com). We just got
Christmas cards from them, but only printed on one side, inside.

Oh you poor guy. I bought some business cards from them. I hear they
spam your email after that, but I don't know because I gave them a
bogus email address. However, they have been calling me on the phone
with recorded sales pitches ever since, a huge pain in the ass, and
they haven't stopped despite my repeated requests. I hope they don't
do that to you. In any case I'd advise against buying anything from
them, though it's too late in your case. I hope you didn't give them
your phone number. Unfortunately, since I wanted my number printed
on my business cards, it was impossible for me to not give them mine.

I've never had any of that occur with them, and we've been customers of
theirs for two or three years, now. And they have our ph.#, got it the same
way as yours. They did, however, send us a sample, by snail mail,
unsolicited, of the Christmas card we subsequently ordered.

Old November 30th 05, 03:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Skip M wrote:

Not sure, but check with Vista Print (vistaprint.com). We just got
Christmas cards from them, but only printed on one side, inside.

I already checked Vista, Shutterfly, etc. before posting. Finding
photo cards is easy. Finding cards with a custom message on one side
inside is also easy. Finding photo cards where you can have a custom
message on BOTH inside sides is not easy.

Being sent on wild goose chases is not helpful. :-(

jc

Old November 30th 05, 04:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

jcdill writes ...

They want the photo on front with an xmas frame around it (easy)
and they want text on both inside sides ... I can't find any card
companies that offer printing on BOTH inside sides with text the
customer supplies. Does anyone here know of a service that does
this?

I don't know of a company that does this but you can buy pre-scored
fine art paper cards and print them up with your Epson 2200 (I think
you're the horse show photog with the 2200, right?) and these look
great with the matte black inks. I'm using the Moab Entrada 10x7"
cards, which fold over for 5x7's ... it's a bit of a task setting up
guide lines for exact spacing etc in Photoshop but once you create this
and make a custom paper size for the printer it's a breeze to print
them ... you can find the cards on this site (they also have 'natural
white' as opposed to 'bright white') ...
http://www.inkjetart.com/wc/entrada/bright190.html ... you can print on
both sides by just running the card thru twice.

Bill

Old November 30th 05, 05:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

JC

really not much problem. Some cards are twice folded and the
printing/graphics are actually on just one side of the paper. For
single fold get some two sided coated paper. As another mentioned
"inkjetart.com" is great place to start.

Bob AZ