Humidity in rainforest

Old November 19th 03, 07:34 PM
Alasdair

Default Humidity in rainforest

Hi

Im shortly going to peru to trek in the rain forest but I am woried
that the humidity will affect my digital camera ( Nikon coolpix 5000).
Is this a significant problem and is there anything I can do to reduce
this or am I better off with a basic manual SLR with limited
electronics?

Cheers

Alastair , UK
Old November 20th 03, 03:37 PM
Robert Millard

Hi Alastair,

I was in the Monte Verde rainforest in Costa Rica earlier this year, and had
no problems with either my Nikon N-80 or 80-400 mm VR zoom with a
collapsible rubber lens hood. I had (just!) enough room to carry everything
inside my goretex parka in very heavy rain, and used a (heavy weight) trash
compactor bag looped over the camera fastened with a rubber band around the
lens when I wasn't wearing my parka. The rain will be the problem, not the
humidity. Good luck!

Bob