Nikon is backwards

Old February 15th 19, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

Default Nikon is backwards

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 00:34:15 -0000, Eric Stevens wrote:

On Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:34:28 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"

On 2019-02-06 20:22, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 07 Feb 2019 00:52:06 -0000, Alan Browne

On 2019-02-03 20:10, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 00:07:41 -0000, Alan Browne

On 2019-02-02 18:47, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 01 Feb 2019 23:27:31 -0000, Alan Browne

On 2019-02-01 17:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 18:27:45 -0000, Alan Browne

Drive w/o a seatbelt here and it's a fine.

It's only a fine if you're caught. I get caught once a year,
£100 a
year is a small price to pay for:

Hmm, for someone who moans about the price of everything, that
seems a
strange thing to write.

It's only the cost of 2 tanks of petrol. And I buy way more than 2
tanks a year.
1) No annoyance when leaning forwards.

I wear mine and it's no annoyance to lean forward.

Then you must lean very slowly. Are you one of those annoying
buggers
who sits at junctions for ages, not pulling out when there's enough
room
for a bus?

I pull out when it's safe and courteous to do so.

Which you can't tell without leaning forwards to look.

I went over to the account's office this afternoon and I tested your
notions:

1. With the view from my car I don't need to lean forward at all for
most of the drive. This is sub/extra-urban so nothing blocking the view
towards approaching traffic most of the time.

In the city, esp. the older, narrower road areas, probably would need to
lean forward more.

2. As to leaning, no matter how fast I leaned forward, the seatbelt did
not lock at all. It took quite a good jerk with my hand to get it to
lock.

crickets from Commander know nothing.

You expect me to reply in 5 seconds? Show some patience.

It was up there since Monday slowpoke.

I can't help it if there are hundreds of people replying to me. Wait your ****ing turn, I have more important things than usenet to do.

They don't seem to take much time.

They probably don't have a life. I only spend 20 minutes a day replying to **** in here. After the first few posts most threads degenerate into ****taking.
Old February 15th 19, 09:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

wrote:

On 2019-02-01 17:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

With you providing most of the ****.

Eric Stevens
Old February 15th 19, 10:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On 2019-02-11 11:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 20:46:36 -0000, Alan Browne

On 2019-02-02 15:38, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 01 Feb 2019 20:40:00 -0000, Alan Browne

On 2019-01-31 17:24, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 17:44:49 -0000, Alan Browne

On 2019-01-30 17:55, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 01:05:49 -0000, Alan Browne
wrote:

Front brake calipers, $650. Installed. (at 15 years in...).

Holy ****, mine (on the Renault) were £300, at a very expensive
garage.
If I'd have bought them myself they would have been half that.

$650 CAD

CAD? What is that? Computer Aided Design? Stop using acronyms.

Canadian dollars. Something you would have found out in a second of
thoughtful searching.

I shouldn't have to search. It would have taken you less time to type
"$650 Canadian". Are you a slow typer or something? And why can't your
country invent a word for your own currency instead of taking the USA
one?

Your asshat points continue to build. Anyone in the UK with the
slightest international experience would know what $650 CAD meant.
(Usually written CAD$650.00, I admit).

Anyone in the UK would know how to spell arse. An ass is a type of animal.

And Canada isn't exactly a country commonly interacted with.

By ignoramuses like you who drive cars around making stops all day, I
suppose it would look that way.

What's ignorant about stopping a car?

= £375. Includes labour, disks, pads.

Get over yourself.

I can buy a calliper for £30 on Ebay.

Not the original parts which is what I spec'd.

Why use original parts?
1) They're going on an old car, they don't need to last so long.
It's a Honda. Plenty left.

2) It was the originals that ****ed up in the first place.

The original ... after 14 years or so... not unhappy.

So you go and buy something which will last until the car is 28?!

There are stupid replies and extraordinarily stupid replies - that is
the later.

You mean "latter." And it's not stupid. You had an original last for 14 years, then you pay for a part which will last another 14, past the end of life of the vehicle. What a stupid waste of money.
Old February 16th 19, 12:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 13:26:52 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 8 February 2019 19:29:49 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 11:04:05 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 1 February 2019 19:37:40 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 12:51:00 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 30 January 2019 22:47:34 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 22:51:29 -0000, David B. "David wrote:

I confess that I don't go swimming in icy cold lakes - not since I did
my aircrew survival course during a very cold and frost November!

I've never worked out why people don't like being cold. All that happens is you shiver (which is simply muscle movement, just like running or cycling),

I don't like doing either of those, I just don't see the point usually.

So you're a lazy bugger?

No I just believe in energy conservation.

Then you must have your central heating switched off. The least energy usage would be sat at home with no heating wearing a thick jacket.

Why would I want the heating on at home when I'm out most of the day ?
I see you don't know what energy conservation is.

So you don't heat the home when you're at home? I assume you come home at some point.
Old February 16th 19, 02:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Misunderstanding of what you meant by a 'stop'. I construed it as an
"errand stop" not a stop (as in stop sign).

= £375.* Includes labour, disks, pads.

Get over yourself.

I can buy a calliper for £30 on Ebay.

Not the original parts which is what I spec'd.

Why use original parts?
1) They're going on an old car, they don't need to last so long.
It's a Honda.* Plenty left.

2) It was the originals that ****ed up in the first place.

The original ... after 14 years or so... not unhappy.

So you go and buy something which will last until the car is 28?!

There are stupid replies and extraordinarily stupid replies - that is
the later.

You mean "latter."

Quite right. Congratulations on a spelling correction on usenet.
That's stellar.

And it's not stupid. You had an original last for 14 years, then you pay for a part which will last another 14, past the
end of life of the vehicle.* What a stupid waste of money.

Not like there was a graded choice saying:

5 year part: x dollars
10 year part: y dollars
15 year part: z dollars

But I did have to explain that to you. You truly are narrow minded.

--
"2/3 of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants. Proof that we
need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do."
Old February 16th 19, 02:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

You're pretty thick aren't you?

I have a programmable thermostat so that during week days, the
thermostat is set lower during the day and set higher about an hour
before we return. It doesn't stop heating of course - just a lower
temperature.

Old February 16th 19, 07:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On 2019-02-11 13:59, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 07 Feb 2019 19:08:04 -0000, Alan Browne

wrote:

On 2019-02-01 17:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

There you go.

Of course it had to be pointed out to you because your narrow view of
life doesn't permit much imagination.

You didn't point anything out, you just confirmed the point I originally
made.

I thought (knew actually) that might confuse you. What had to be
pointed out was that out here in the sub/extra-urbs, lines of sight are
far better than in the old parts of cities with their narrow streets,
lanes, parked vans and so on. So leaning forward is not needed much.
But again - when it is, in my car it does not lock up unnecessarily.

Every car I've been in (including brand new ones) lock up when I lean forwards. I guess you move very slowly. They have to lock up, they can't tell if you've jammed on the brakes / hit something / leaned forwards. The seatbelt is a very simple mechanism sensing the acceleration of the belt out of the reel.

The real world is not at all your very narrow experience.

Most junctions in the UK require leaning forwards.

2. As to leaning, no matter how fast I leaned forward, the seatbelt did
not lock at all. It took quite a good jerk with my hand to get it to
lock.

Conclusion, your narrow experience with crappy French built cars,
maintained poorly, on a miserly budget, is not at all close to a
reference for most of us.

Actually, it's been the same on all my cars, let me list them:

list of crappy 3rd hand cars deleted

Not my fault you're stupid enough to pay depreciation.

It's irrelevant when you drive a car as long as I do,

Depreciation is a fact of life with cars, look it up. Or are your cars magically different form everyone else's? Just look up Parker's Guide etc for prices of a 5 year old car compared to the new price.

keep them up to resell at a good value in any case.

If you can sell it at a good value, why are you selling it? As it must surely be in good working order.

Maybe, just maybe, you're such a slow dopey **** that you take half an
hour to lean forwards. Some of us want to leave the junction in this
century. You're one of those folk that sits there while I'm behind you
waiting to get to my destination aren't you?

Nope. But it's amusing that you attack others when your behaviour is so
stupid.

Why wouldn't I attack someone who takes twice as long to get to their
destination, and thinks it's ok to hold everyone else up too? If you
want to go slowly, get a ****ing bicycle.

Your assumptions have no basis in fact. Just bad speculation to support
your fantasy position. Pretty sad.

You manage to lean forwards without triggering the belt crash mechanism, therefore you're slow, therefore you're in my ****ing way. Tell me, do you stick to the speed limits?

You're an idiot for not wearing your seat belt, but that's your
problem.

Why would I wear something to protect me from something which only
happens to dangerous drivers? I've never needed a belt and probably

When someone rams into you (no fault of yours ahem) that seatbelt may
safe your life or you from serious injury. The stats are abundantly
clear.

Thanks for confirming you're stupid enough to believe stats.

I happen to know someone whose father died because he was trapped by his
seatbelt after a crash. And I know three people who were thrown clear
of a large crash with no seatbelt. I'd much rather get away from the
flaming wrecks.

1) You have no clue about stats. (Hint: a sample of one)

I know stats lie. They show what the author wants you to see. For example the police seem to think speeding is dangerous, yet another bunch of stats show that only 4% of accidents are caused by speeding. Someone is lying.

2) Injuries from being "thrown clear" can be fatal or paralyzing.

Try not crashing in the first place. Do you wear one of those pansy helmets when you get on a bicycle?

3) Seatbelts save lives - and are easily cut with the appropriate tool -

Tool?! ****ing hell man. So you've crashed your car, you're half unconscious, and need to escape some flames, and you're going to be able to find a tool and cut the belt. Moron.

also breaks glass. Keep the tool on a lanyard.

ROTFPMSL! You have these things round your neck while driving? You must look a right prat.

4) Cars don't burn often in crashes in any case

I happen to know an entire family saved by seatbelts when a drunk drove
into them on a winter night... (And wow! Two destroyed vehicles and no
fire at all. What are the odds!?

Maybe they should have avoided the collision. I've lost count of how many useless drivers I've got out of the way of. It requires two incompetant fools to cause a crash.

You're stupid (well established) to believe the myths in your tiny
brain ...

No, the myth is that seatbelts are safe.

If you believe that then I guess you're just hoping for a Darwin Award..

No, I'm just not a pessimist.

never will. I don't wear armbands or a lifejacket when I swim in the
sea either, because I'm not a pathetic pussy like you.

... and then ascribe it to cowardice in the pathetic ad hominem attacks
that you launch. True loser.

Of course it's cowardice. Learn to swim if you go swimming.

As usual, missing the point and ascribing it to something unrelated.

Both swimming and driving cause deaths. It's a fair analogy. But obviously it went over your head.

You make Trump look like a genius.

Trump is a genius. He's getting rid of the subhumans that don't deserve to be in America.
Old February 16th 19, 08:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

wrote:

On 2019-02-01 17:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

Nope. Quickly. And to test it further, jerked it with my hand.

(I've explained this before but it always goes over your head. I guess
your crappy cars are crappy all around...)

can't tell if you've jammed on the brakes / hit something / leaned
forwards.* The seatbelt is a very simple mechanism sensing the
acceleration of the belt out of the reel.

The real world is not at all your very narrow experience.

Most junctions in the UK require leaning forwards.

How nice for you. That would be the same here in the city (as
mentioned), but not out here in the boonies except in small old
villages. Don't do much of that.

2. As to leaning, no matter how fast I leaned forward, the
seatbelt did
not lock at all.* It took quite a good jerk with my hand to get it to
lock.

Conclusion, your narrow experience with crappy French built cars,
maintained poorly, on a miserly budget, is not at all close to a
reference for most of us.

Actually, it's been the same on all my cars, let me list them:

list of crappy 3rd hand cars deleted

Not my fault you're stupid enough to pay depreciation.

It's irrelevant when you drive a car as long as I do,

Depreciation is a fact of life with cars, look it up.* Or are your cars
magically different form everyone else's?* Just look up Parker's Guide
etc for prices of a 5 year old car compared to the new price.

I've always bought new, with one exception and never regretted it. Nice
driving for 10 years with only oil changes or other minor things to
attend to.

keep them up to resell at a good value in any case.

If you can sell it at a good value, why are you selling it?* As it must
surely be in good working order.

Yep. But time to move on. Little bits of rust here and there now,
burning a little oil (still trying to track that down - probably the
VTEC solenoid gasket or blowby - both have easy-enough-fixes, but I'm
tired of fixing).

It will make someone a good winter burner. (Some people with nice
Benz's and so on put them in the garage for the winter and buy a good
'old burner to get through...).

[...]

You're thick. I've told you before it works quite fine.

On the way to work I go nice and sedately 85 - 100. Too much traffic in
the morning to rush in any case.

On the way home? 120 in a 100 zone. Too many police watching that
highway, alas, to go quicker.

[...]

Someone isn't paying much attention to source material. That would be you.

2) Injuries from being "thrown clear" can be fatal or paralyzing.

Try not crashing in the first place.* Do you wear one of those pansy
helmets when you get on a bicycle?

Your songs were boring the first time and not improving by repetition.

3) Seatbelts save lives - and are easily cut with the appropriate tool -

Tool?!* ****ing hell man.* So you've crashed your car, you're half
unconscious, and need to escape some flames, and you're going to be able
to find a tool and cut the belt.* Moron.

If one is conscious enough to escape, locating the tool and cutting a
belt will come quite naturally, urgently, purposefully. You really
don't think much before writing, huh?

also breaks glass.* Keep the tool on a lanyard.

ROTFPMSL!* You have these things round your neck while driving?* You
must look a right prat.

No. But you are definitely an ass.hat for making ass.umptions.

The lanyard is attached to the center console so the widget cannot get
lost during an accident.

4) Cars don't burn often in crashes in any case

I happen to know an entire family saved by seatbelts when a drunk drove
into them on a winter night...* (And wow!* Two destroyed vehicles and no
fire at all.* What are the odds!?

Maybe they should have avoided the collision.* I've lost count of how
many useless drivers I've got out of the way of.* It requires two
incompetant fools to cause a crash.

You're pretty stupid. It only required one drunk in the case above.

You're stupid (well established) to believe the myths in your tiny
brain ...

No, the myth is that seatbelts are safe.

If you believe that then I guess you're just hoping for a Darwin Award.

No, I'm just not a pessimist.

Good for you. But it's irrelevant to accidents.

never will.* I don't wear armbands or a lifejacket when I swim in the
sea either, because I'm not a pathetic pussy like you.

... and then ascribe it to cowardice in the pathetic ad hominem attacks
that you launch.* True loser.

Of course it's cowardice.* Learn to swim if you go swimming.

As usual, missing the point and ascribing it to something unrelated.

Both swimming and driving cause deaths.* It's a fair analogy.* But
obviously it went over your head.

I've been swimming (a lot) since I was a young child. Raced. Scuba
dive these days. Yep, good way to die, so you learn to take care when
doing so. Especially scuba.

You make Trump look like a genius.

Trump is a genius.* He's getting rid of the subhumans that don't deserve
to be in America.

Yes, the subhumans around him like Manafort, Cohen and so on are going
to prison. So, yep, ya got me there.

Old February 16th 19, 08:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 13:32:22 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 11 February 2019 18:55:37 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 07 Feb 2019 12:08:13 -0000, Whisky-dave wrote:

On 2019-02-01 17:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 18:27:45 -0000, Alan Browne

Drive w/o a seatbelt here and it's a fine.

It's only a fine if you're caught. I get caught once a year, £100 a
year is a small price to pay for:

Hmm, for someone who moans about the price of everything, that
seems a
strange thing to write.

It's only the cost of 2 tanks of petrol. And I buy way more than 2
tanks a year.
1) No annoyance when leaning forwards.

I wear mine and it's no annoyance to lean forward.

Then you must lean very slowly. Are you one of those annoying buggers
who sits at junctions for ages, not pulling out when there's enough
room
for a bus?

I pull out when it's safe and courteous to do so.

Which you can't tell without leaning forwards to look.

Most places don't need to. And when I need to my belt cooperates just
fine.

What country are you in? Most junctions in the UK in residential areas
only have the narrow width of the pavement (as in sidewalk) between
oncoming traffic and the point you can see past the house-owners fence
or hedge.

Made that clear earlier. I guess you're not attentive.

I guess you think I'm sad enough to remember everything you say? You're wrong.

Anyway, back to my point, you need to lean forwards for most junctions in the UK. You can't do that with a seatbelt on, end of story.

Perhaps this is because you have your head up your arse.
Most people I know can see well enough at junctions while wearing a seat belt.
Are yuo sure you are actually seating on the seat, that's the seat with the steering wheel directly in front of it.

Unless you sit up and beg in your car (I lean back comfortably, my head is in line with the central pillar), you can't see round a junction in a built up area without leaning forwards. And don't say it's just me, I see everyone else leaning too.

Then it isn't a problem then is it if everyone else can do it.

I didn't say they could do it without their belts stopping them, I just said they lean. Please learn basic English.
Old February 16th 19, 09:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

On 2019-02-16 15:33, Commander Kinsey wrote:

I didn't say they could do it without their belts stopping them, I just
said they lean.* Please learn basic English.

In your case the advice is much simpler: learn. Anything.