Which digital camera will work underwater ???

Old December 15th 05, 11:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,is.vedur

Default Which digital camera will work underwater ???

I want to take photos of sharks, piranhas and crocodiles.

Which digital camera can you recommend for that purpose ?

Old December 15th 05, 12:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,is.vedur

On 15 Dec 2005 02:42:32 -0800, Oliver Wen wrote:

I want to take photos of sharks, piranhas and crocodiles.

Which digital camera can you recommend for that purpose ?

Get yourself a bloody Nikonos and have at it.

Old December 15th 05, 12:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,is.vedur

"Oliver Wen" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to take photos of sharks, piranhas and crocodiles.

Which digital camera can you recommend for that purpose ?

Depends on the depth, and your budget

Old December 15th 05, 12:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,is.vedur

Are you planning to get into the water with the crocodiles?

Great menu!

--
Joan

oups.com...

Old December 15th 05, 12:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,is.vedur

On 15 Dec 2005 02:42:32 -0800, "Oliver Wen" wrote:

I want to take photos of sharks, piranhas and crocodiles.

Which digital camera can you recommend for that purpose ?

Will you be in a submarine?

Old December 15th 05, 01:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,is.vedur

"Oliver Wen" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to take photos of sharks, piranhas and crocodiles.

Which digital camera can you recommend for that purpose ?

Get a casing for your camera--preferably a nuclear (or if you're Bush,
nukuler) submarine

Old December 15th 05, 01:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,is.vedur

I had one.
Not an easy camera to handle.
Marcel

Old December 15th 05, 01:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,is.vedur

Oliver,
You're trolling here ;-)

Photos of sharks, yup. It's done. I've done it many times.

Piranhas? Heu, heu, heu.... First, it's not in the same place, then
it's something else... They will eat a cow in a matter of minutes.
Imagine an urban photographer and troller...

As for crocodiles, better from land, but watch it, they're ultra fast.

Have yourself a merry Xmas!

Marcel

Old December 15th 05, 02:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default TROLL ALERT: Which digital camera will work underwater ???

In article .com,
Oliver Wen wrote:
I want to take photos of sharks, piranhas and crocodiles.

Which digital camera can you recommend for that purpose ?

Please consider NOT RESPONDING to this attempted thread. If you must, then
remove his tracking newsgroup and trophy case, id.vedur, from
the NEWSGROUPS line (or whatever it takes with _your_ newsreader to prevent
crossposting).

Every month or so, using a fictitious name, this troll floods 5000
newsgroups (all cross-posted to one or more low-traffic but unrelated
"scorecard" newsgroups) with superficially relevant comments. The
purpose is to disrupt with off-topic crosspostings. Browse the
id.vedur newsgroup, his current score card, for the
"big picture" on the person you are replying to.

this group is for megalomaniac trolls and spambots only who like
to terrorize the usenet.

Only fans of George W.Bush are allowed to post here, because we are
fans of his greatness, Lord Bush.

Atheists, heretics and witches are not allowed to post here and will
be burned at the stake!

He is known as the "anagram troll" because his fictitious names are often
discovered to be anagrams:

Oliver Wen ----- Wolverine
Stevie Mormon ----- Monster Movie
Lance H. Albertin ----- Hannibal Lecter
Archie Tannbell ----- Hannibal Lecter
Caine Barthnell ----- Hannibal Lecter
Arnie N. Techball ----- Hannibal Lecter
Nathaniel Clerb ----- Hannibal Lecter
Allan Niceberth ----- Hannibal Lecter
Eliot Coweye ----- Wilee Coyote
Gerry Lintonice ----- Nitroglycerine
Tristan Beeline ----- Albert Einstein
Winnie Oakbob ----- Obi-wan Kenobi
Paul Eisner ----- Super Alien
Tom-Alex Soorhull ----- Homosexual Troll
Lester T. Linpord ----- President Troll
Karl Reitlos ----- Kaiser Troll
Rick Stoll ----- Sick Troll
Karl-Hugo Weesberg ----- George Walker Bush
Hans-Marc Olsen ----- Charles Manson
Eric Coldo ----- Crocodile
G.K. Konnig ----- King Kong
Brian Raab ----- Barbarian
Pablo Rena ----- Anal Probe
Patrick Kain ----- Captain Kirk
Alberto Panno-Peano ----- Napoleon Bonaparte
Ted Harvard ----- Darth Vader
Faith Dorell ----- Adolf Hitler
Leah Lidtorf ----- Adolf Hitler
Ralf Dieholt ----- Adolf Hitler
Blaine Adamson ----- Osama Bin-Laden
Adam Ben Nalois ----- Osama Bin-Laden
Shane D. Maudiss ----- Sadam Hussein
Keith J. Crapper ----- Jack The Ripper
Stan J. Lefosi ----- Josef Stalin
Evan-Josh Roose ----- Jason Voorhees
Bruno Beam ----- Unabomber
Dan Simper ----- Spiderman

Other aliases he has used:

Charles Immey
Harlan Osier

I'm the evil anagram troll and I like to create persons with names
which are anagrams of something stupid.

This would be a good idea for a screenplay, because people can try to
find out the anagrams ...

-----

Yes, without trolls, the usenet would implode, causing a black hole
that would suck in the whole universe !!!

That means, trolls are NECESSARY ! Trolls are the saviours of usenet !
GOD himself gave trolls the mission to troll to save the universe !

trollito ergo sum - I troll, so I am !

Like all trolls, he means to annoy and disrupt. The tracking newsgroup is
the way he "keeps score" of how much damage he has caused. Don't put
yourself on display in his trophy case.

Google groups (the service the troll uses to post) has already expressed
that will not take action based on complaints about this type of behavior.

.:\:/:.
+-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
+-------------------+ / \
| | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \

Old December 15th 05, 02:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,is.vedur

On 15 Dec 2005 04:48:31 -0800, Celcius wrote:

I had one.
Not an easy camera to handle.

I had one too but didn't use it very much. Made a nice gift.