National Parks of the US Southwest

Old September 30th 03, 08:32 AM
Robertwgross

Default National Parks of the US Southwest

What is the best season for nature photography in the US national parks of
southern Utah and northern Arizona? I've already missed most of the dreadful
hot weather, so I was hoping for blue skies and red rocks.

---Bob Gross---

Old September 30th 03, 06:45 PM
Allan

Whenever you are there. Each season has its charm. My personal
preference is now until mid-november for most of the parks in Utah.

Old October 1st 03, 02:15 AM
JRF

For that part of the country, you can expect the aspen to be in good color
around Oct 1 at high elevations, above 7000 ft, and around Nov 1 at low
elevations, like 2500 feet (with year-to-year variations, of course). The
weather should be no problem in the fall, and the rocks are red all year
round. Winter snows can be a logistical problem, but make for high quality
scenery. In spring you'll have the flowers, of course, and the rivers and
waterfalls will be their fullest.

Ya' puts yer nikkel in and takes yer chances.

Truth is, any time of year will offer you more than enough opportunities - I
recommend you check out the park web sites for climate data and make your
decisions based on your own comfort preferences. Or on the fact that by
avoiding summer you'll have lower room rates and far, far fewer tourists to
contend with.

Old October 1st 03, 02:49 AM
Bill Hilton

From: (Robertwgross)

What is the best season for nature photography in the US national parks of
southern Utah and northern Arizona?

My preference, in order, spring, fall, winter, summer.

Bill