Sinar User Manual Wanted

Old April 9th 05, 08:58 AM
Glenn Overy

I found THE LARGE FORMAT - Handbook of the SINAR SYSTEM on ebay, but it's
going for $48 and the auction still has over a day to go. This does look
like what I am after. Went to this site http://www.sinarbron.com/ and did
not find what I want, but could be looking in the wrong place. I will email
them and see what they say.
Thank you,
Glenn

"Philip Tobias" wrote in message
Glenn Overy wrote:
Hi everybody, have been lurking for a few months now and have gathered
quite a bit of good info. But I now need some help. I have just received
a Sinar F2 and Broncolor FCM meter and would like to get operating
instruction manuals for both. Free is preferable. Maybe some site where I
can download this info.
Thanks everybody,
Glenn

I hate to ask the obvious, but have you checked with SinarBron? Some years
ago, the local Sinar rep came up with a free printed users manual for one
of my used cameras. He even stopped by my studio and dropped it off when
it arrived. And, no, I was never a big account. It was just thoughtful
service.

The company's parts department has also been helpful to me in the past,
when I had need to buy an odd item or two.

You can sometimes find "The Sinar System Handbook" at a used book store or
camera swap meet. I think that's where I found my current copy.

Good luck. ...pt

--
Business/Communications start at http://www.PhilipTobias.com.
Grow your business using my technical and marketing communications -

Old April 9th 05, 06:48 PM
Philip Tobias

Glenn Overy wrote:
I found THE LARGE FORMAT - Handbook of the SINAR SYSTEM on ebay, but it's
going for $48 and the auction still has over a day to go. This does look
like what I am after. Went to this site http://www.sinarbron.com/ and did
not find what I want, but could be looking in the wrong place. I will email
them and see what they say.
Thank you,
Glenn

The handbook essentially covered the entire system at the time, along
with the various far-flung accessories, and how to use things together.
It would make a useful supplement to a camera's users manual. But not
for forty-eight bucks; yikes! I think I paid $5.00 for my used copy.

At one point, I believe SinarBron had some instructional materials
online. But they were gone the last time I looked. The international
Sinar site (http://www.sinar.ch/sinar/default.htm) has some basic
background info online, but I haven't seen any manuals. It never hurts
to e-mail the distributor in your country and see what they might have
available.

From your other posts, it seems like you've now found a number of
possibilities. So you should be all set.

Good luck. ...pt

Old May 1st 05, 05:16 PM
Nicholas O. Lindan

"Glenn Overy" wrote
Sinar ... F2 ... operating instructions

When I bought my F the operating instructions were one sheet
of folded paper, most of it illustrating all the other
Sinar parts-&-pieces you could buy. TTTH, I can't think
of much on a Sinar (or any view camera) that needs much
explaining, and so the one sheet was adequate.

The camera did come with an 8x10 glossy book of
postcard scenes of rural Switzerland and general
advice on monorail cameras -- always using a Sinar
as an example.

I wouldn't mourn for the loss of either. i.e.,
don't pay too much...

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
To reply, remove spaces: n o lindan at ix . netcom . com

Old May 4th 05, 08:10 PM
Glenn Overy

Hi Nicholas, I did find a Sinar book called "Creative Large Format Basics
and Applications" and it has everything I needed. I paid $15 for it, but it
does show more than just the Sinar foldout you mentioned. I still don't
understand why this book "THE LARGE FORMAT - Handbook of the SINAR SYSTEM"
has once again sold on eBay for over $90. What can this book have?
Thanks,
Glenn

nk.net...