One-a-Day Plus (or minus) gallery 6-19-07 (posted 6-20)

Old June 21st 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Willarojo

Default One-a-Day Plus (or minus) gallery 6-19-07 (posted 6-20)

Almost current!
Nope, not done with flowers yet.

http://www.pbase.com/image/80892069

Willa
--
http://www.pbase.com/willarojo

“I came into this world, not chiefly to make this a good place to
live in, but to live in it, be it good or bad.”
Thoreau, Civil Disobedience

“We are in great haste to construct a magnetic telegraph line
from Maine to Texas; but Maine and Texas, it may be, have nothing
important to communicate.”
Thoreau, Walden

Old June 21st 07, 05:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Willarojo wrote:

Almost current!
Nope, not done with flowers yet.

http://www.pbase.com/image/80892069

I like this one.
I'm a sucker for soft focus :-)

Flowers *are* symmetrical so I think that's fine how it's framed.

--
Paul Furman Photography
http://www.edgehill.net/1
Old June 21st 07, 11:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

Willarojo wrote:
Almost current!
Nope, not done with flowers yet.

http://www.pbase.com/image/80892069

Willa

Cool! I like this sort of stuff, where d-o-f is used so.. er..
'deftly'? (o;

Not that I'm competing, but you might relate to these:

http://www.marktphoto.com/PURPLES.jpg
http://www.marktphoto.com/REDS.jpg

Old June 21st 07, 11:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Willarojo

vehemently accused in
oups.com:

Willarojo wrote:
Almost current!
Nope, not done with flowers yet.

http://www.pbase.com/image/80892069

Willa

Cool! I like this sort of stuff, where d-o-f is used so.. er..
'deftly'? (o;

Not that I'm competing, but you might relate to these:

http://www.marktphoto.com/PURPLES.jpg
http://www.marktphoto.com/REDS.jpg

You had posted the "Reds" before in some other context, and I loved
it then too. *Very* cool!

I like the "Purples" too, though it does look just a bit like the
creature from "Predator".

Willa

Old June 21st 07, 11:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Willarojo

Paul Furman vehemently accused in
. net:

Willarojo wrote:

Almost current!
Nope, not done with flowers yet.

http://www.pbase.com/image/80892069

I like this one.
I'm a sucker for soft focus :-)

Flowers *are* symmetrical so I think that's fine how it's framed.

Thanks!
I have a couple other versions too, both less symmetrical, but I'm
trying to shoot & process every day, not work up every photo.
Another day, I'll fine tune the set and see which I like best.

Willa

Old June 22nd 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

On Jun 21, 8:12 pm, wrote:

Cool! I like this sort of stuff, where d-o-f is used so.. er..
'deftly'? (o;

Not that I'm competing, but you might relate to these:

http://www.marktphoto.com/PURPLES.jpg

Competing???
This must be how you make a joke Mark!
Sort of like "the pictures all had a shocking yellow cast" when you
couldn't get them reprinted on the Frontier at Teds. Why? The white
balance in the camera was at fault. Nothing at all to do with Denise's
printer and everything to do with an idiot not having a clue about
what they complained of. But hey, you never held back on the slander
and defamation before, why expect it when confronted by the obvious?

I can't believe the critic of everything photographic. "I've always
got the MF gear if I need it" *Expert* would post this crap. You
really aren't living up to your own opinion of yourself mate.
Underexposed, blown highlights, no depth of field. No one will know if
you got the colour right but it sure doesn't look like it. A very poor
attempt at something you'd expect to see from someone new to
Photography struggling to comprehend the concept of dynamic range.
Certainly not what you'd expect to see from someone so vocal at
criticizing other people's images. Or are you only able to make
critique based on composition? Nah... Not even that! Your Portfolio is
a ripper mate! Great stuff. I see an amazing disregard for every one
of a landscape photographer's 10 essential points to remember. You
haven't even got 1 point of it in any of your pictures.

I particularly bring to light (chuckle) the 40% of this image:
http://www.marktphoto.com/portfolio/slides/surfski.jpg which has
absolutely no detail in the highlights and surprise, surprise, seems
awfully 'soft' for such an expert as yourself to have published.
Remember the "soft" old guy you couldn't tell was actually in focus?
Tony'll let you have his copy to refresh you memory if you ask him.
Time for an eye check, mate. Reality check seems in order too. If you
think your "site" is going to be something you can rely on the
reinforce your rhetoric... Think again.

And then to go to the opposite spectrum...The index image of your
Portfolio for Christ sake: http://www.marktphoto.com/portfolio/...ary_fisher.jpg
has 40% blocked shadows! Great exposure control Mark. Did you learn
that while you were losing your creativity as a wedding Photographer
in Adelaide? ROTFL.

I'm curious about this one too mate: http://www.marktphoto.com/portfolio/.../goldcoast.jpg
what sort of lens were you using? A coke bottle bottom? Hell mate, the
resolution is one thing but your stupidity in trying to produce a shot
your camera can't make is another thing altogether. Hell man, I got a
better shot of that coastline using it for the background of a shot.
Understand your camera mate. Little digicams don't have lenses with
the resolving power to make the sort of pictures you are posting.

Mark, I gotta tell you mate. You really haven't got the skill at
photography you keep telling us you have.. Sort of makes you a
hypocrite when you criticize others and can't offer anything better
that you've taken . If you're going set yourself up as some sort of
unqualified, quasi *expert* and start telling other people about the
flaws and faults in their pictures, you really need to get some decent
examples for them to realize how good you are. You must be good or you
wouldn't keep telling everyone you are, right? Use some of my photos
you stole. You know the ones? You posted then on a Yahoo site with
captions describing all the flaws and faults you found -- In 640 pixel
wide images -- Amazing skills you have, eh?

Keep posting Mark... All of us here at the gallery are rolling on the
floor with side splitting laughter at your pathetic attempt to justify
yourself... Great work mate ROTFL!!! Competing BWWWWAAAAAAA. Joke of
the year, eh? I just Looove Your tutorials mate. I've been waiting
over a year now to read all of them but maybe you only posted what you
knew about????

Wow! an expert on digital enlargement too? Maybe you ought to come
around to the lab one day and give us a few tips? We got a complaint
just last year from a customer who couldn't understand why her little
Fuji digicam image of 2.1 Mp couldn't enlarge past 16"x20"... You got
one, don't you? Maybe you could handle the front counter for a few
hours? It wouldn't be hard, we only do 20 or 30 enlargements a day
now. Not like in the hey days when you kept telling everyone what I
set up a whole chain of business' doing, couldn't be done. What say
you now that every copy shop you walk into can do it? ...Eh? Are they
all full of lies too?

Good to see your site hasn't changed mate. I'll take you offer and use
you pictures on the satirical site of Charlie Mark Stomas! They'll go
down well mate. Finding anything other than lies and defamation from
you on the Internet is pretty hard. Getting your permission to use
your images -- and so many of them to work with too -- is a real
bonus. Well... Better get to it. ROTFL... Side splitting actually!

Old June 22nd 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Willarojo

vehemently accused in
ups.com:

On Jun 21, 8:12 pm, wrote:

Cool! I like this sort of stuff, where d-o-f is used so.. er..
'deftly'? (o;

Not that I'm competing, but you might relate to these:

http://www.marktphoto.com/PURPLES.jpg

Competing???
This must be how you make a joke Mark!

snippity-STFU-snip

1. Doug, I thought you were gone, and never coming back, because
all the meanies were bullying you. Or bullies were meanying you.
Been meaning to ask, was I one of the bullies? Am I now? Just
curious.

2. I've seen your photos, and instead of defending anyone else, I
will simply say "glass house(boat)s Douggie, glass house(boat)s".

3. I'm the OP, this is *my* thread, if you want to critique *my*
pics, knock yourself out, I can take it, but attacking another
responder is simply lame.

4. I've never heard anyone **except you** claim to be God's gift
to photography. I've never heard Mark T, or anyone else here,
present their photos as flawless. **Except you.**

5. Many amateur pics I see posted here, and elsewhere, are
superior to your "pro" pics. Maybe you keep all the good 'uns to
yourself, but the wedding pics I've seen on your sites are, nearly
all of them, embarassing. Understand Douggie: you take money from
suckers for the **** you shoot, while we amateurs don't take a
dime. Please tell me which group has the moral highground here.

6. The ability to critique is separate from the ability to do, in
whatever context. Maybe Roger Ebert couldn't direct a film, but he
has insightful reviews. So even if you argue someone can't "do",
that speaks nothing of their ability to critique.

7. Slow down your fingers and check your spelling: all the froth
from your foaming mouth must be obscuring the keyboard letters.

8. I have a clump of grass I need photographed, can I send it to
you? Just, please, do a better job with this one. You know, make
it sexy.

Willa

Old June 22nd 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Vintage Monk

Willarojo wrote:
vehemently accused in
ups.com:

On Jun 21, 8:12 pm, wrote:
Cool! I like this sort of stuff, where d-o-f is used so.. er..
'deftly'? (o;

Not that I'm competing, but you might relate to these:

http://www.marktphoto.com/PURPLES.jpg
Competing???
This must be how you make a joke Mark!

snippity-STFU-snip

1. Doug, I thought you were gone, and never coming back, because
all the meanies were bullying you. Or bullies were meanying you.
Been meaning to ask, was I one of the bullies? Am I now? Just
curious.

Remember you are replying to Doug, he is the master of dishing it out
but not being able to take it back.

I picture him as the kid that would stand out the front while mum was
hosing the garden and he would shout abuse at kids going by and when
they stopped he would go and hide behind dear old mum and say "They are
picking on me"

And guess what Douggie "Oh my god, he is posting abuse from his work
computer" Mac I am posting this from my work computer.
Old June 22nd 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Willarojo

Vintage Monk vehemently accused in
:

Willarojo wrote:
vehemently accused in
ups.com:

On Jun 21, 8:12 pm, wrote:
[...]

Too true, but I get tired of hearing a bully whine when his targets
don't roll over and die... so I start bully-bashing. Most of the
words, and all of the logic, are futile, but once Douggie learns
that he'll get called out every time he tries to start ****, and
that newbies to the group will join the chorus of "STFU", maybe
he'll, well, STFU.

Willa

Old June 22nd 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Wilba[_2_]

Willarojo wrote:
Vintage Monk vehemently accused:

Remember you are replying to Doug, he is the master of dishing
it out but not being able to take it back.

I picture him as the kid that would stand out the front while
mum was hosing the garden and he would shout abuse at kids going
by and when they stopped he would go and hide behind dear old
mum and say "They are picking on me"

Too true, but I get tired of hearing a bully whine when his targets
don't roll over and die... so I start bully-bashing. Most of the
words, and all of the logic, are futile, but once Douggie learns
that he'll get called out every time he tries to start ****, and
that newbies to the group will join the chorus of "STFU", maybe
he'll, well, STFU.

No, it will never happen, that kind of logic will never work. I think the
expression you use over there is something like, "you're being taken for a
sucker".