20D and Vivitar 285 flash compatible via PC cord?

Old September 1st 06, 03:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
W (winhag)

Default 20D and Vivitar 285 flash compatible via PC cord?

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Canon 20D and Vivitar 285 flash are compatible
via a PC cord connection. Will the 20D get fried?

Thanks

Old September 1st 06, 01:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
TheNewsGuy(Mike)

W (winhag) wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Canon 20D and Vivitar 285 flash are compatible
via a PC cord connection. Will the 20D get fried?

Check out http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html

This might be a solution
Wein Safe-Sync Hot Shoe to Hot Shoe High Voltage Sync Regulator
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=245292&is=REG

--
Seinfeld Lists http://tinyurl.com/f7k9d
California Photos http://tinyurl.com/ann2l
Old September 1st 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ed Velez

I use the 20D/285HV combo with no problems. But....you still need to head
to the web site below to determine how hold your 285 is. The older versions
and the 283's are NOT compatible with the 20D.

Old September 1st 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
W (winhag)

Folks,

Thanks. I checked the website and it seemed to indicate that the 285HV
is ok. I also measured the voltage as per instructions and it only
measured 8 VDC way under the 250V limit of the 20D. So I guess I'm
good.