1 Frame per second frame capture rate

Old March 24th 05, 11:22 PM
Don and Liz Campbell

Default 1 Frame per second frame capture rate

I am looking for a SLR digital camera in the $1000 range that has the
capability of taking a picture per second and transferring these images
continually to a computer hard drive. I will be using a macro lens to
transfer 16 mm movie film frames and I would like to step the frames at a
one frame per second rate. The camera would need to have an external trigger
to synchronize the process.

Thanks, Don and Liz

Old March 24th 05, 11:58 PM
Deep Reset

"Don and Liz Campbell" wrote in message
m...
I am looking for a SLR digital camera in the $1000 range that has the
capability of taking a picture per second and transferring these images
continually to a computer hard drive. I will be using a macro lens to
transfer 16 mm movie film frames and I would like to step the frames at a
one frame per second rate. The camera would need to have an external
trigger to synchronize the process.

Thanks, Don and Liz

Pentax *ist or *ist DS with Remote Assistant.
HTH
Deep.

Old March 25th 05, 02:08 AM
paul

Don and Liz Campbell wrote:

I am looking for a SLR digital camera in the $1000 range that has the
capability of taking a picture per second and transferring these images
continually to a computer hard drive. I will be using a macro lens to
transfer 16 mm movie film frames and I would like to step the frames at a
one frame per second rate. The camera would need to have an external trigger
to synchronize the process.

You must be the same person who was asking about this recently. I'm
curious what rig you intend to use for this. I tried shooting some
slides once from a projected screen and it was pretty darn bad so don't
plan on that technique. The new Canon does have a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
connection, whatever that works out to. Again, consider the resolution
that is practical for DVD, I thin it's pretty small, so it's possible a
non-DSLR will work for your needs.

Old March 25th 05, 02:14 PM
Mike

Canon Powershot Pro1
Use the Intervalometer setting and adjust file size to arrive at one frame
per second.
The provided software will take care of transfering images to your PC.

Old March 25th 05, 02:47 PM
Mike

OOoops..
Sorry - just noticed you're looking for a SLR.
Take a look at the Pro1 anyway - it'a an incredible camera with an
incredible lens.

. ..