Lens Hood for Mamiya 45mm for M645

Old December 5th 04, 05:02 PM
MATT WILLIAMS

Default Lens Hood for Mamiya 45mm for M645

Does the lens hood for a Mamiya 55mm lens also work with a 45mm ? I have one
and am thinking of picking up a 45mm lens and want to know if I need a new
lens hood too. Thanks Matt Williams

Old December 5th 04, 05:05 PM
Ralf R. Radermacher

MATT WILLIAMS wrote:

Does the lens hood for a Mamiya 55mm lens also work with a 45mm ? I have one
and am thinking of picking up a 45mm lens and want to know if I need a new
lens hood too.

Don't know the hood for the 55 mm, but that of the 45 mm is a square
contraption that's clipped on to the outside of the lens barrel.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher - DL9KCG - Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de

Old December 5th 04, 10:57 PM
David J. Littleboy

"MATT WILLIAMS" wrote in message
newsaHsd.2260$hP2.1129@trnddc05...
Does the lens hood for a Mamiya 55mm lens also work with a 45mm ? I have

one
and am thinking of picking up a 45mm lens and want to know if I need a new
lens hood too. Thanks Matt Williams

No, you need a new hood. The 45mm lens uses 67mm (not 55mm) filters and a
push-on, not screw-in hood. Also, there are multiple 45mm lenses for the
645, and I don't know if the current hood works with all the older lenses.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old December 5th 04, 10:57 PM
David J. Littleboy

"MATT WILLIAMS" wrote in message
newsaHsd.2260$hP2.1129@trnddc05...
Does the lens hood for a Mamiya 55mm lens also work with a 45mm ? I have

one
and am thinking of picking up a 45mm lens and want to know if I need a new
lens hood too. Thanks Matt Williams

No, you need a new hood. The 45mm lens uses 67mm (not 55mm) filters and a
push-on, not screw-in hood. Also, there are multiple 45mm lenses for the
645, and I don't know if the current hood works with all the older lenses.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Which Lens for my DRebel mortn Digital Photography 45 December 5th 04 08:21 AM
Lens hood Boru Digital Photography 3 October 11th 04 06:51 PM
Do you use a lens hood? Newbie 35mm Photo Equipment 19 August 10th 04 05:27 PM
A question about lens hood Mojtaba 35mm Photo Equipment 5 June 22nd 04 03:00 PM