Ideal small camera carry around kit

Old February 12th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Ideal small camera carry around kit

Colyn wrote:

M-series camera prices are starting to climb again so you'd be lucky
to find an M6 at a bargan. Lens are still well over $1000.

A "bargain" isn't neccessary. I'd rather pay a premium for assurance of
quality than a bargain that needs work after the fact. Though I'd be
surprised to get an M6 that needed any work ... if it did, the body
would likely show evidence of hard living.

Having said that, it's a low probability that I'd buy an M6, etc.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old February 12th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Tony Polson wrote:

Not being able to see flare at the time of taking
the shot does concentrate the mind on where flare might occur, and how
best to avoid it.

What real photographers do is take a look at the front of the camera to
see if direct light is falling on the glass. Then you can either block
it, or change composition to avoid it or "place" it in the composition
if it's a desired element of the image.

I think that's fun.

Is that as much fun as shooting 50 rolls of film per average *week* or
as much fun as posting locomotive shots? Perhaps it's as much fun as
getting a photo on the cover on the widely circulated French weekly
magazine Paris Match? What *did* that pay?

Do tell.

Cheers,
Alan.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old February 12th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Colyn wrote:
What's you favorite small camera kit (not P&S) to carry. Something
that would fit maybe in a photo vest and not weigh you down?

My favorite is a Leica IIIf with 35, 50, and 90mm lens with universal
finder. I also use a Manfrotto monopod with medium ballhead with quick
release.

1937 AGFA Jsolette with 85 mm f4.5 lens. I carry a Sekonic L-358 with
that so I get the exposures right on transparency film. Everything fits
into two pockets.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio
http://www.allgstudio.com

Old February 12th 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
Tony Polson wrote:

Not being able to see flare at the time of taking
the shot does concentrate the mind on where flare might occur, and how
best to avoid it.

What real photographers do is take a look at the front of the camera to
see if direct light is falling on the glass. Then you can either block
it, or change composition to avoid it or "place" it in the composition if
it's a desired element of the image.

I think that's fun.

Is that as much fun as shooting 50 rolls of film per average *week* or as
much fun as posting locomotive shots? Perhaps it's as much fun as getting
a photo on the cover on the widely circulated French weekly magazine Paris
Match? What *did* that pay?

Do tell.

Aren't you the guy who wrote me last night and said let's all be
constructive members of the group? Tony's playing nice, and you're picking
a fight with him. Stop that.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old February 12th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Matt Clara wrote:

Aren't you the guy who wrote me last night and said let's all be
constructive members of the group? Tony's playing nice, and you're picking
a fight with him. Stop that.

I said write about subjects pertinent to the group. The above is very
pertinent.

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old February 12th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
.. .
Matt Clara wrote:

Aren't you the guy who wrote me last night and said let's all be
constructive members of the group? Tony's playing nice, and you're
picking a fight with him. Stop that.

I said write about subjects pertinent to the group. The above is very
pertinent.

Cheers,
Alan

No, it's not, and I'm asking you to stop.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old February 12th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

.. .
Matt Clara wrote:

Aren't you the guy who wrote me last night and said let's all be
constructive members of the group? Tony's playing nice, and you're
picking a fight with him. Stop that.

I said write about subjects pertinent to the group. The above is very
pertinent.

Cheers,
Alan

No, it's not, and I'm asking you to stop.

Yeah.....Me too.....Tony's been pretty good for the last few
months.....(other than the fact that he's an insufferable liberal, but then,
all you guys qualify for that.....:^)

Old February 12th 06, 10:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Matt Clara wrote:

No, it's not, and I'm asking you to stop.

That's your privilege.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old February 12th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

William Graham wrote:
Tony's been pretty good for the last few
months.

Really? Just the last few days (sampler, not exhaustive):

"Douglas has 26 neurosis? That's more than I thought.
Less than I thought."
--Tony Polson, 2006.02.10

"He sends the white Los Angeles Police to kick the **** out of them."
--Tony Polson, 2006.02.09

"Very few people watch Fox, because very few Europeans have an IQ that
is low enough.
I am sure it entertains tens of millions of Americans, though."
--TP, 2006.02.09

"That says a lot about you. William, and none of it is nice."
--TP, 2006.02.09 replying to William Graham.
Old February 12th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

William Graham wrote:
Tony's been pretty good for the last few
months.

Really? Just the last few days (sampler, not exhaustive):

"Douglas has 26 neurosis? That's more than I thought.
Less than I thought."
--Tony Polson, 2006.02.10

"He sends the white Los Angeles Police to kick the **** out of them."
--Tony Polson, 2006.02.09

"Very few people watch Fox, because very few Europeans have an IQ that
is low enough.
I am sure it entertains tens of millions of Americans, though."
--TP, 2006.02.09

"That says a lot about you. William, and none of it is nice."
--TP, 2006.02.09 replying to William Graham.

But these quotes are just reflections of the man's beliefs. There is nothing
inherently vicious about them.....Apparently, you don't remember the old TP.
Back in the old days, he would attack newbies without any provocation at
all. His first instinct was to belittle as a jerk-knee reaction to any post
that didn't display extensive knowledge of photography. Today, he usually
attempts to educate first, and sometimes goes out of his way to be
helpful.....Certainly he is lots more tolerant of the ignorance of others
than he used to be. - I suspect he is growing older, and, (of course)
wiser......