Simple point and shoot digital camera recommendation?

Old December 13th 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Boland

Default Simple point and shoot digital camera recommendation?

Group,

I need a simple camera to replace an old Polaroid camera
used for documentation. I would appreciate any suggestions
you may have. Other requirements a

* Optical zoom, 3x is fine.
* View finder
* Easy to use, legends easy to read, buttons easy to use.
* Battery life good - enough for 75 shots hopefully.
* Film speed equivalent 80 to 800.
* LCD 1.5" and easy to see in most daylight.
* Action shots (kids sports such as soccer, softball, etc.)
* USB and PictBridge compatible.
* Low price. 3M pixels enough, but 5M ok.

Some of the preliminary candidates I have found so far a
* Kodak EasyShare C433 and C533
* Canon Power Shot A430
* Nikon Coolpix L4.

Thank you for your time.

Dave

Old December 13th 06, 11:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bluezfolk

Dave Boland wrote:
Group,

I need a simple camera to replace an old Polaroid camera
used for documentation. I would appreciate any suggestions
you may have. Other requirements a

* Optical zoom, 3x is fine.
* View finder
* Easy to use, legends easy to read, buttons easy to use.
* Battery life good - enough for 75 shots hopefully.
* Film speed equivalent 80 to 800.
* LCD 1.5" and easy to see in most daylight.
* Action shots (kids sports such as soccer, softball, etc.)
* USB and PictBridge compatible.
* Low price. 3M pixels enough, but 5M ok.

Some of the preliminary candidates I have found so far a
* Kodak EasyShare C433 and C533
* Canon Power Shot A430
* Nikon Coolpix L4.

Thank you for your time.

Dave

I think theres so many out there that you could just about buy
anything. I suggest sticking with a known name though, my preferences
would be Canon, Nikon, Sony not necessarily in that order.

Eric

Old December 14th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
tomm42

On Dec 13, 5:54 pm, Dave Boland wrote:
Group,

I need a simple camera to replace an old Polaroid camera
used for documentation. I would appreciate any suggestions
you may have. Other requirements a

* Optical zoom, 3x is fine.
* View finder
* Easy to use, legends easy to read, buttons easy to use.
* Battery life good - enough for 75 shots hopefully.
* Film speed equivalent 80 to 800.
* LCD 1.5" and easy to see in most daylight.
* Action shots (kids sports such as soccer, softball, etc.)
* USB and PictBridge compatible.
* Low price. 3M pixels enough, but 5M ok.

Some of the preliminary candidates I have found so far a
* Kodak EasyShare C433 and C533
* Canon Power Shot A430
* Nikon Coolpix L4.

Thank you for your time.

Dave

Check out the A series Canon. For best battery usage, use NiHM
batteries. With the Canon the 4 battery configuration A6** has the
better battery life. A610 is a very nice P&S camera for not much $.

Tom

Old December 15th 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
peter

Try the camera screener:
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/cameraList.php

Or try consumer reports.

or www.dpreview.com

you requirements are so low, just about any current camera fits. So just buy
the cheapest one you can find with a known brand name.