Hang on!

Old March 20th 07, 06:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Douglas.

Default Hang on!

I couldn't measure the speed... Just bloody fast!
http://www.ryadia.com/hangon.htm

Douglas

Old March 20th 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
uw wayne

On Mar 20, 1:11 am, "Douglas." wrote:
I couldn't measure the speed... Just bloody fast!http://www.ryadia.com/hangon.htm

Douglas

You are not sharing Doug... not playing nice...again..I would guess f
5.6, 500 sec at ISO 800. How far off am I?

Old March 20th 07, 06:39 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Douglas.

"uw wayne" wrote in message
oups.com...
: On Mar 20, 1:11 am, "Douglas." wrote:
: I couldn't measure the speed... Just bloody
fast!http://www.ryadia.com/hangon.htm
:
: Douglas
:
: You are not sharing Doug... not playing nice...again..I would guess f
: 5.6, 500 sec at ISO 800. How far off am I?
:
Couldn't be further out Wayne!

File: hang-on.jpg
Exposure Time: 1/500 sec
F-Stop: F8.0
ISO: 100
Lens: 200 mm
Date: 2007:03:18 09:53:01

--- EXIF Data ---
Make = Canon
Model = Canon EOS 20D
Orientation = Normal
XResolution = 360.00
YResolution = 360.00
Resolution Unit = Inch
Software =
Date Time = 2007:03:20 16:05:18
Artist = Douglas St James
Exif Offset = 228
Exposure Time = 1/500 sec
FNumber = F8.0
Exposure Program = Aperture priority
ISOSpeed Ratings = 100
Exif Version = "0221"
Date Time Original = 2007:03:18 09:53:01
Date Time Digitized = 2007:03:18 09:53:01
Shutter Speed Value = 0.0020 sec (1/500)

Date: 2007:03:18 09:53:01

--- EXIF Data ---
Make = Canon
Model = Canon EOS 20D
Orientation = Normal
XResolution = 360.00
YResolution = 360.00
Resolution Unit = Inch
Software =
Date Time = 2007:03:20 16:05:18
Artist = Douglas St James
Exif Offset = 228
Exposure Time = 1/500 sec
FNumber = F8.0
Exposure Program = Aperture priority
ISOSpeed Ratings = 100
Exif Version = "0221"
Date Time Original = 2007:03:18 09:53:01
Date Time Digitized = 2007:03:18 09:53:01
Shutter Speed Value = 0.0020 sec (1/500)

Well I got the shutter speed right, I'm only off by 1 Fstop on
aperture, but was blown away by the ISO 100. Very nice shot. Should
you not be doing husbands and wife's and such?

Date: 2007:03:18 09:53:01

Well I got the shutter speed right, I'm only off by 1 Fstop on
aperture, but was blown away by the ISO 100.

Not sure why that's so surprising. This looks like a very bright, sunny
day.
He's shooting very near sunny 16...just opened up two stops...and sped his
shutter by nearly the same measure, which, by that exposure concept,would be
about a half stop off of basic sunny 16.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old March 20th 07, 07:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Douglas.

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
: uw wayne wrote:
: On Mar 20, 1:39 am, "Douglas." wrote:
: "uw wayne" wrote in message
:
: oups.com...
: On Mar 20, 1:11 am, "Douglas." wrote:
: I couldn't measure the speed... Just bloody
: fast!http://www.ryadia.com/hangon.htm
:
: Douglas
:
: You are not sharing Doug... not playing nice...again..I would guess
: f
: 5.6, 500 sec at ISO 800. How far off am I?
:
: Couldn't be further out Wayne!
:
: File: hang-on.jpg
: Exposure Time: 1/500 sec
: F-Stop: F8.0
: ISO: 100
: Lens: 200 mm
: Date: 2007:03:18 09:53:01
:
:
: Well I got the shutter speed right, I'm only off by 1 Fstop on
: aperture, but was blown away by the ISO 100.
:
: Not sure why that's so surprising. This looks like a very bright, sunny
: day.
: He's shooting very near sunny 16...just opened up two stops...and sped his
: shutter by nearly the same measure, which, by that exposure concept,would
be
: about a half stop off of basic sunny 16.
:
: --
: Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by MarkČ at:
: www.pbase.com/markuson
:
Just wait for the movie mark... Compiling it right now. I'll post a link
within the hour!
Then tell us that it's "Not surprising"!

Old March 20th 07, 08:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

uw wayne wrote:
On Mar 20, 1:39 am, "Douglas." wrote:
"uw wayne" wrote in message

oups.com...

Date: 2007:03:18 09:53:01

Well I got the shutter speed right, I'm only off by 1 Fstop on
aperture, but was blown away by the ISO 100.

Not sure why that's so surprising. This looks like a very bright,
sunny day.
He's shooting very near sunny 16...just opened up two stops...and
sped his shutter by nearly the same measure, which, by that exposure
concept,would be about a half stop off of basic sunny 16.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Just wait for the movie mark... Compiling it right now. I'll post a
link within the hour!
Then tell us that it's "Not surprising"!

"Not surprising" had nothing to do with the content of your photo.
-Simply pointing out that the shot was basically sunny 16 exposure for ISO
100.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old March 20th 07, 08:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Douglas.

oups.com...
: "uw wayne" wrote in message
:
: oups.com...
: : On Mar 20, 1:11 am, "Douglas." wrote:
: : I couldn't measure the speed... Just bloody
: fast!http://www.ryadia.com/hangon.htm
: :
: : Douglas
: :
: : You are not sharing Doug... not playing nice...again..I would guess f
: : 5.6, 500 sec at ISO 800. How far off am I?
: :
: Couldn't be further out Wayne!

:
: Well I got the shutter speed right, I'm only off by 1 Fstop on
: aperture, but was blown away by the ISO 100. Very nice shot. Should
: you not be doing husbands and wife's and such?
:
----------------------
So are you ready for the movie? Yep... It's out on video already.
Needs a broadband connection to be sure.
It's about 4 meg in size. The original QuickTime file is 80 meg!!
http://www.ryadia.com/fly-boat.htm
A bit rough at the start but it clears up pretty fast. Don't quite know what
caused that murk at the start. What do you think? I guess the distance they
travelled and how long the movie went and figure they have to be getting
close to 50 MPH! The city in the background is Surfers Paradise.

While I was taking the stills, Margie just sat on the seat nearby and
figured she'd fill the SD card with a movie to pass the time waiting for me!
How, good is that? No you can't have her, she's mine.

Douglas

Old March 20th 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Magic Lantern

Douglas. wrote:
I couldn't measure the speed... Just bloody fast!
http://www.ryadia.com/hangon.htm

What?! No ugly diagonal copyright statement across the entire picture?!!! This
must be someone else's picture then...
Old March 21st 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
uw wayne

On Mar 20, 3:55 am, "Douglas." wrote:
"uw wayne" wrote in message

oups.com...
: On Mar 20, 1:39 am, "Douglas." wrote:
: "uw wayne" wrote in message
:
: roups.com...
[...]

Doug, I said this just a few posts ago, people on this
site..share..you are not!