Curious

Old December 12th 04, 10:10 PM
MarkČ

"DALLAS" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:27:56 -0800, Skip M wrote:

At this point, bud, you'd better be hoping for some sort of

intervention,
divine or otherwise.
If products don't need improvement, true, there's no reason to bring out

new one. But, if Nikon's don't need improvement, why a) do they, too,

bring
out periodic improvements, and b) why do some photographers desert one
platform that doesn't offer improvements for one that does?
You've dug yourself a bit of an argumentative hole, here.

Hardly an argument, Skip.

We were discussing the price issues relating to Canon products. I
mentioned how much they had come down in price compared to the Nikon
equivalents (locally), and naturally a couple of Canon idolators jumped on
my case...again.

One mustn't criticize Canon EOS equipment or the parent company. Ever. One
gets flamed for doing so.

You don't get flamed because of Canon.

Old December 12th 04, 10:29 PM
AnOvercomer 02

(DALLAS) wrote:
We were discussing the price issues relating to Canon products. I
mentioned how much they had come down in price compared to the Nikon
equivalents (locally), and naturally a couple of Canon idolators jumped
on my case...again.
=============================

You mean when you said:
"Canon are the toilet paper of the photographic world. Throwaway stuff"

Or:
"Tut-tut. More sorry Canon users to come, no doubt."

Or the profanity that I don't care to quote?

Just because you apreciate something, does not mean that it is your
idol.

I believe that Canon, Nikon, Minolta, and Pentax are all Excellent
camera makers.
I have used Nikon and Olympus gear a little and I have seen some fine
Minolta gear, but I personally prefer Canon, all though I am tempted by
Minolta with its new DSLR and AS technology.

I have viewed many great photos on the web and I still can't tell what
was shot with what just by looking at the pic.

Cody,

http://community-2.webtv.net/AnOverc...otographyLinks

Old December 13th 04, 05:52 AM
Skip M

"DALLAS" wrote in message
[...]

It's odd that the Nikon prices have dropped rather than Canon's, in most
other parts of the Western world.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old December 13th 04, 06:41 AM
DALLAS

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:08:27 -0800, MarkČ wrote:

OK...here comes the spoon...
You said "dumb ****ers" like me "lap up" each new device Canon comes out
with. To that, I simply outlined my extremely limited purchasing history to
outline how your "pleasantly-worded" blast was incorrect. I offered a
rebuttal by simply stating the facts, but the connection was totally lost on
you.

Your continual mistake is the assumption that if you, Dallas, can't make
sense of something, it must be some sort of evasive action, or otherwise
incorrect/non-existent. You seem particularly prone to miss these kinds of
connections, and display a real need for having things spelled out for you
with short, easy words. I'm sure you are a real wizard at some things.
But when it comes to many of the issues that crop up here on the NG, many
things just don't seem to get through to you. I don't know if it's a
cultural thing...a language thing...or simply that your personality tends to
lead you away from certain types of clarity. You will no doubt take
offense, once again, and call me this and that as you always do, but that is
all meaningless, really, and has no effect other than to make you look like
a baffoon who turns to profanity and shouting in attempts to make points you
apparently cannot otherwise articulate.

Here's an example of how you tend to participate he

And you're really stupid, Mark.

I'll tell you why, cos they produce mostly **** and dumb ****ers like you

lap
it up like it was caviar cos you're too dumb to know the difference
between **** and caviar.

**** off.

This kind of talk only makes you look juvenile and incapable of intelligent
exchange. While you may well be capable of it, this just doesn't convey
that.

You don't like me. I don't have a problem with that. We have a mutual
dislike for each other, so at least we have SOMETHING in common... But
don't let your dislike for me lead you into painting yourself a fool with
all your carrying on.

You're right. I don't like you. You're a nerd and you continue to follow
me around this group jumping at whatever opportunity I give you. No matter
how much abuse I hurl at you, you just keep coming back for more. What's
wrong with you?