16X20 Inkjet Prints

Old May 3rd 05, 07:14 PM
Bob Williams

Default 16X20 Inkjet Prints

I need to get a few prints blown up to 16 x 20.
Who does good work at low prices?
Bob Williams

Old May 3rd 05, 07:29 PM
traction

Country ?

Old May 3rd 05, 08:27 PM
Craig Flory

Hi Bob; The best prices from pro labs are by using ftp service and sending
the image files over the net. I get 16"x20"s for $15.99 plus tyhe price of
mounting. I then spray them in my spray booth. I use Delta Color Labs in
Lancaster , Pennsylvania. Are you a professional ?

Craig Flory

Old May 3rd 05, 08:49 PM
measekite

Bob Williams wrote:

I need to get a few prints blown up to 16 x 20.
Who does good work at low prices?
Bob Williams

To bad that the consumer wide format printers only go to 13x19. If you
can settle on that size the Canon i9900 will probably cost the same as a
bunch of 16x20. If only 3 or 4 then I think it will be difficult to get
above average quality for a low price.
Old May 3rd 05, 09:17 PM
bikerb422

Craig,

May I ask what you are spraying, and with what?

Bruce

Old May 3rd 05, 11:26 PM
Arthur Small

http://bigphotohelp.com/

Old May 4th 05, 12:26 AM
Craig Flory

As most professionals do ... I spray all portrait & wedding prints with a
protective spray lacquer.The only size I don't spray are wallet size.It
protects from finger prints and it also has a built in Ultra Violet
protection too. I own a professional spray booth in my studio.

Craig Flory

Old May 4th 05, 07:10 AM
EagleEyePhotography

www.iphotoshop.com

The prints you get will be RA-4 processed using Fuji crystal Archive paper.
This is way better than ink jet prints. You can choose between glossy or
luster finish. They do come rolled up in card board tube via US mail but I
have not had problem with them after mounting.

Old May 4th 05, 09:21 AM
Paul Rubin

"EagleEyePhotography" writes:
www.iphotoshop.com

The prints you get will be RA-4 processed using Fuji crystal Archive paper.
This is way better than ink jet prints. You can choose between glossy or
luster finish. They do come rolled up in card board tube via US mail but I
have not had problem with them after mounting.

Oh cool. How are they at handling large files, say from a computer
generated image or a high-res 4x5 scan, for making a large print from?

There's also www.mpix.com which is sort of similar.
Old May 4th 05, 10:51 AM
Bob Williams

Bob Williams wrote:
I need to get a few prints blown up to 16 x 20.
Who does good work at low prices?
Bob Williams

Thanks All.
You have offered several very good sites.
Looks like about $15 buys a first class print.
I consider that quite reasonable.
Bob Williams