"RolleiFlex 2.8 F with Meter" -- Price Range and Comments...

Old October 23rd 04, 05:59 PM
Paresh R. Pandit [IN]

Default "RolleiFlex 2.8 F with Meter" -- Price Range and Comments...

Hello All

How much [$$$] should I expect to cough out for:

RolleiFlex 2.8 F with Meter
(o) in perfect working order [in terms of shutter speed accuracy,
timer accuracy, etc.]
(o) great [i.e. say 9.965/10] on lens condition
(o) light meter in working order
(o) say 8/10 on cosmetics
(o) cover and strap included
(o) no manual

Please suggest the min. and max. price range that the above described
piece should fall in...

Are there any highly appreciable or problematic aspects to this design
[appreciable other than great rollei lens and contruction, obivous
fast lens, screen changing flexibility and metering; problematic as in
known problems if any wrt accuracy of metering etc...]

Any and all comments in addition to these on the "RolleiFlex2.8F
w/Meter" are very much welcome and appreciated...

Awaiting your precious responses...

Regards

Paresh Pandit
Mumbai, IN
e[Mail]: ppphoto[at]mail[dot]webindia123[dot]com

"_ _ _ Smart Quote Here _ _ _"
Old October 24th 04, 01:19 AM
jjs

"Paresh R. Pandit [IN]" wrote in message
news

Hello All

How much [$$$] should I expect to cough out for:

RolleiFlex 2.8 F with Meter

The current trend is _down_ on those. With the Planar, between $1,200 and
$500. With the Xeonotar from $700 to $300. This is a good time to buy one in
a competitive market. Forget what dealers are asking for them.

Old October 25th 04, 04:25 PM
Christopher Perez

I don't know what the market is like in India. There is one gent on
eBay who sells Rolleiflex. I think he's located in Delhi. In any
event, the US market is as "jjs" describes.

Check the serial number of your camera then use google to search for one
of several sites that can help you calculate the date of manufacture.
Early 2.8F cameras may not fetch as much as later models. Then do a
search of completed items on eBay and see what today's market is for
your serial number range.

As we mentioned, there is tremendous downward pressure on pricing just
now. This can be good for the buyer (you?), and bad for sellers who
thought they were sitting on something valuable.

I've paid as little as $350US for a f/2.8 Xenotar and have seen as much
as $1500US paid for a very late WhiteFace f/2.8 Planar (supposedly rare).

I hope this helps.

Regards - Chris