Vistaquest VQ3005

Old August 28th 07, 11:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Frederik Ramm

Default Vistaquest VQ3005

Folks,

I need a very simple and, most importantly, very lightweight camera (in
the 50 grams range, max.) which I want to attach to a small R/C helicopter
to take aerial pictures.

After some searching I found the "VistaQuest VQ3005" which seems just ideal
for my purpose (data sheet at www.vistaquestusa.com). However I cannot find
any place to sell this beast to me (problem being I'm in Germany!). There
seem to be only two online retailers, one of them WalMart who don't ship
outside the US, and the other SurplusSourcing.com who said they won't ship
because my paypal address was "not confirmed", whatever that means. eBay has
nothing either.

Does anybody have any idea how I could get hold of this camera? Maybe
someone's willing to buy one at Wal-Mart and put it on eBay, I promise I'll
buy it and of course pay all shipping etc. ,-)

Bye
Frederik

--
Frederik Ramm ## eMail ## N49°00.22' E008°24.56'
Old August 28th 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Whiskers

On 2007-08-28, Frederik Ramm wrote:
Folks,

[...]

I can't find anywhere here in the UK selling that model, but would a
"Phillips Thumbcam DMVC1300K" suffice? Only 1.3 MP and slightly heavier,
but at least there do seem to be a few still available this side of the
Atlantic. Sadly, such cameras seem to have fallen out of favour with
manufacturers. There are still a few models with VGA (640x480 pixels)
resolution, but they are seldom better than toys.

You could try looking in second-hand shops or markets.

Another possibility is to make up something using the miniature cameras
sold for 'security' or 'spying'.

--
-- Whiskers