Camera recommendations wanted

Old August 17th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Rad17

Default Camera recommendations wanted

I've currently got a Sony DSC-P93, which has slowly been going downhill. The
images are coming out poor most of the time, regardless of settings, and
besides that, I think it's time for an upgrade anyway.

I need a *good* digital point & shoot with something more than 3X optical
zoom, and with a *good* movie mode with sound. I do NOT want to get into the
DSLR's -- I need something compact and lightweight.

Does such an item exist? I tried the Canon A710 but it wasn't any better
than the Sony (in fact, the movie mode was a lot worse!). And, I'd like to
get something even smaller than the Canon or the Sony, if possible.

I would appreciate *any* recommendations that anyone has on this subject.
Thanks!

Old August 17th 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Rad17

I forgot to add:

Video mode needs to be unlimited (i.e., only limited by the card size)

Something that will take a 4GB card

6MP or better

Thanks!

Old August 18th 07, 08:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
David J Taylor[_4_]

Rad17 wrote:
[]
I need a *good* digital point & shoot with something more than 3X
optical zoom, and with a *good* movie mode with sound. I do NOT want
to get into the DSLR's -- I need something compact and lightweight.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonictz3/

David