black and white inks for making digital negatives/prints?

Old October 26th 09, 01:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default black and white inks for making digital negatives/prints?

In article , dj_nme
wrote:

It works fine for me as well.
Don Schmidt's problem must be either with his ISP or their upstream
provider.

it didn't work when i tried it as well as through this useful site:

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

thus, it would appear to be *their* isp that's flaky.
Old October 26th 09, 01:58 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
Miles Bader[_2_]

dj_nme writes:
'Couldn't get the link to work.
Works fine here. Check your Internet service.

it's not his internet service.

http://www.inksupply.com/bwpage.cfm?setMediaCookie=1&the_media_linkID=142

It works fine for me as well.
Don Schmidt's problem must be either with his ISP or their upstream
provider.

Doesn't seem to work here either ("Connection timed out").

Perhaps the site server is on a computer they turn off after work... :/

-Miles

--
Sabbath, n. A weekly festival having its origin in the fact that God made the
world in six days and was arrested on the seventh.
Old October 26th 09, 02:52 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Thor Lancelot Simon

In article ,
Matt Clara wrote:
"Lawrence Akutagawa" wrote in message

"Matt Clara" wrote in message
I know it's possible to purchase "B&W" inks comprised of black with shades
of gray to replace the Cc,M,Y, cartridges in my old Epson 1270, but I
don't know where to buy inks with a good reputation for this purpose.

Any advice appreciated.
.

[chuckle] In the darkroom? With what developer, pray tell - good old
Dektol? How about Bromofort? Perhaps Selectol-Soft to cut down that
contrast? Or maybe Ilford PQ Universal Paper Developer? Or even Arista
Liquid Paper Developer?

Perhaps if you're too ignorant to understand what it is I'm asking you
should just keep your mouth shut? Or is running your mouth without any
thought just how you "roll"?

Perhaps if you're so ignorant or clueless that you can't tell you're
posting in the *darkroom* newsgroup, you should cease to do so.

There are newsgroups for digital imaging. This isn't one of them. Read
the newsgroup charter, comply with it -- or at least make the most minimal
kind of effort to -- or don't post. It's really very simple.

Why would you expect other people to help you if you're going to start
out by spitting in their faces?

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
"Even experienced UNIX users occasionally enter rm *.* at the UNIX
Old October 26th 09, 03:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.digital
Don Schmidt

'Tried again using the address in your post; it worked. Must be one of those
mysteries of life.

Take care,

--
Don - Vancouver, USA
"May your shadow be found in happy places." - Native North American

"dj_nme" wrote in message
u...

Old October 26th 09, 06:54 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Lawrence Akutagawa

"Matt Clara" wrote in message
I know it's possible to purchase "B&W" inks comprised of black with
shades of gray to replace the Cc,M,Y, cartridges in my old Epson 1270,
but I don't know where to buy inks with a good reputation for this
purpose.

Any advice appreciated.
.

[chuckle] In the darkroom? With what developer, pray tell - good old
Dektol? How about Bromofort? Perhaps Selectol-Soft to cut down that
contrast? Or maybe Ilford PQ Universal Paper Developer? Or even Arista
Liquid Paper Developer?

Perhaps if you're too ignorant to understand what it is I'm asking you
should just keep your mouth shut? Or is running your mouth without any
thought just how you "roll"?

tsk, tsk, tsk...and this from someone who doesn't know a darkroom from a
digital printer! If you don't responses like mine, then hie thee to digital
world land where you belong and stay there! Come here to rec.photo.darkroom
with stuff like this and expect more of the same.

Old October 26th 09, 07:38 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

On 10/25/2009 7:59 PM Rebecca Ore spake thus:

"Matt Clara" wrote in message

I know it's possible to purchase "B&W" inks comprised of black
with shades of gray to replace the Cc,M,Y, cartridges in my old
Epson 1270, but I don't know where to buy inks with a good
reputation for this purpose.

[chuckle] In the darkroom? With what developer, pray tell - good
old Dektol? How about Bromofort? Perhaps Selectol-Soft to cut
down that contrast? Or maybe Ilford PQ Universal Paper Developer?
Or even Arista Liquid Paper Developer?

Perhaps if you're too ignorant to understand what it is I'm asking
you should just keep your mouth shut? Or is running your mouth
without any thought just how you "roll"?

There's a digital usenet group. This group tends to be more photo
darkroom, as in film and such. If you want a question about hybrid
processes, there's also a hybrid photo forum.

My ISP (Verizon by proxy) doesn't carry any newsgroups with the word
"hybrid" in their title. Perhaps you could provide us the exact name of
this newsgroup?

Old October 26th 09, 11:37 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Jean-David Beyer

"Matt Clara" wrote in message

[...]

Have you checked lately? My ISP does not carry any newsgroups at all
anymore. They did not reduce their prices when they cut off the UseNet.

^^-^^ 18:35:01 up 26 days, 3:34, 3 users, load average: 4.35, 4.34, 4.27
Old October 27th 09, 01:31 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

On 10/26/2009 2:37 PM Jean-David Beyer spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

My ISP (Verizon by proxy) doesn't carry any newsgroups with the word
"hybrid" in their title. Perhaps you could provide us the exact name of
this newsgroup?

Have you checked lately? My ISP does not carry any newsgroups at all
anymore. They did not reduce their prices when they cut off the UseNet.

Well, obviously, since I'm posting here!

But yes, I checked just before posting that. I'm actually surprised I
still have Usenet access; Verizon was supposed to have pulled the plug
on that service by now. So I guess I'm just hanging on by a thread.
(When they do, I know there are lots of other providers out there,
including many that are free, like aioe.org.)

Old October 27th 09, 01:34 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

On 10/26/2009 3:11 PM Rebecca Ore spake thus:

In article m,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

My ISP (Verizon by proxy) doesn't carry any newsgroups with the word
"hybrid" in their title. Perhaps you could provide us the exact name of
this newsgroup?

It's on the web, which is far more up-to-date for digital people than a
Usenet film group.

Then explain why at least one film newsgroup (rec.photo.equipment.35mm)
has been taken over by digital users? (Of course, they claim that it's
for *them*, since some of their cameras resemble 35mm film cameras.
Bull****.)

Old October 27th 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Jean-David Beyer

David Nebenzahl wrote:

My ISP (Verizon by proxy) doesn't carry any newsgroups with the word
"hybrid" in their title. Perhaps you could provide us the exact name of
this newsgroup?

Have you checked lately? My ISP does not carry any newsgroups at all
anymore. They did not reduce their prices when they cut off the UseNet.

Well, obviously, since I'm posting here!

But yes, I checked just before posting that. I'm actually surprised I
still have Usenet access; Verizon was supposed to have pulled the plug
on that service by now. So I guess I'm just hanging on by a thread.
(When they do, I know there are lots of other providers out there,
including many that are free, like aioe.org.)

I switched to newsguy a coupla days before they said they would pull the
plug. Some months earlier, they cut off all but the "big 8".

^^-^^ 21:10:01 up 26 days, 6:09, 3 users, load average: 4.74, 4.83, 4.71