Camera Window and Canon A560

Old November 3rd 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Rivergoat

Default Camera Window and Canon A560

I swear that when I first installed the software I was downloading
only the new images from the camera into my PC. If I take new pix and
download them, only those new ones would download. Now that's changed
and all pix download again, resulting in many unwanted duplicates in
the PC. I've uninstalled the software, reinstalled it, made sure the
box for "new images only" is checked in the camera window preferences,
but it still downloads all the pix in the camera. What's up? What's
the fix?
Old November 3rd 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
MartinS

Rivergoat wrote:

I swear that when I first installed the software I was downloading
only the new images from the camera into my PC. If I take new pix and
download them, only those new ones would download. Now that's changed
and all pix download again, resulting in many unwanted duplicates in
the PC. I've uninstalled the software, reinstalled it, made sure the
box for "new images only" is checked in the camera window preferences,
but it still downloads all the pix in the camera. What's up? What's
the fix?

Don't install the software. Just set the camera so your computer reads the
memory card as a removable hard drive, or use a separate card reader, and
use Windows Explorer to select what pics *you* want to transfer.

Or, delete pics from the camera once you have downloaded them.

--
Martin S.
Old November 5th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Rivergoat

On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 23:44:22 -0400, MartinS wrote:

Don't install the software. Just set the camera so your computer reads the
memory card as a removable hard drive, or use a separate card reader, and
use Windows Explorer to select what pics *you* want to transfer.

Or, delete pics from the camera once you have downloaded them.

Good idea for that, although I think I found a glitch and it's working
right now, even with the Canon software. I wiped the old software, and
this time went into the registry to delete any remaining evidence of
it, and finally did the re-install without virus scan software active.
It's operating as expected now, so I can do what I need to.

In the process of examing the software, however, I found a set of
commands to change the boot up spalsh screen on the camera, along with
assigning different sounds to functions. This comes under the "Manage
My Camera" heading, but does not seem to work on the A560. Whereas
instructions mention a pull-down menu of [Camera], along with [Save to
PC], those are not visible to me. I suspect the A560 doesn't support
it? Or is there something I'm missing on that front? TIA!