What's Wrong With This Picture?

Old July 10th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default What's Wrong With This Picture?

Can you spot it?

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/63234324

Old July 10th 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Scott W

Annika1980 wrote:
Can you spot it?

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/63234324

It looks like a sunny day but it also looks like the light is coming
from below.

Scott

Old July 10th 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

That_Rich wrote:

What is it about this picture you find compelling?

That it was taken in almost total darkness?
Other than that, it ain't much to look at.

Guess I'm missing your inspiration... unless your inspiration is being
merely a loud mouthed braggart... ah grass hopper... we have a winner!

RPŠ

Thank you for yet another valuable contribution. Wife still won't ****
you?

Old July 10th 06, 06:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
ColinD

Annika1980 wrote:

Can you spot it?

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/63234324

1. It's not a macro shot

2. It's not a wildlife shot

3. It's a film shot.

Colin D.

Old July 10th 06, 06:35 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
ColinD

ColinD wrote:

Annika1980 wrote:

Can you spot it?

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/63234324

1. It's not a macro shot

2. It's not a wildlife shot

3. It's a film shot.

Colin D.

Ahh. Wrong again {:-(

It was the noise in the sky that made me think it was film, your Honor.
But, now I know how it was taken, sire, I humbly realize that if it had
been film, at 800 ISO the noise in the sky - and everywhere else - would
have made the image look like #40 grit sand paper, Your Highness, and I
submit to 100 lashes with a wet 35mm film strip, and 10 genuflects each
morning for a week to my 300D, soon to be a 30D, Your Honor willing.
Thank you.

Colin D.

Old July 10th 06, 06:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Graham Fountain

That_Rich wrote:
On 9 Jul 2006 20:15:26 -0700, "Annika1980" wrote:

Scott W wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Can you spot it?

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/63234324
It looks like a sunny day but it also looks like the light is coming
from below.

Ah grasshopper! You are wise.
The photo was taken at 10:30PM in almost total darkness.
The only light was coming from the adjoining house where the lights
were on inside but the shades were pulled. Hence the one shadow
underneath the overhang.

The exposure was 30sec @f/2, ISO 800.

I'll bet you could get some really cool night pics there on The Big
Isle.

What is it about this picture you find compelling?
Guess I'm missing your inspiration... unless your inspiration is being
merely a loud mouthed braggart... ah grass hopper... we have a winner!

RPŠ

Somehow I think 1hr @ F11, ISO 100 would have led to a far more
compelling photo. Can the 20D do a 1hr exposure?
Old July 10th 06, 12:11 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Al Denelsbeck

"Annika1980" wrote in news:1152501326.610346.296910
@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Scott W wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Can you spot it?

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/63234324

It looks like a sunny day but it also looks like the light is coming
from below.

Ah grasshopper! You are wise.
The photo was taken at 10:30PM in almost total darkness.
The only light was coming from the adjoining house where the lights
were on inside but the shades were pulled. Hence the one shadow
underneath the overhang.

The exposure was 30sec @f/2, ISO 800.

I'll bet you could get some really cool night pics there on The Big
Isle.

Now, start paying attention to the moon phases (reaches full tomorrow
night) and start going for some creative shots, like "full daylight" pics
with the animals moving and star trails in the sky...

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to match domain below
Online photo gallery at www.wading-in.net
Old July 10th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

That_Rich wrote:
OK. Your picture sucks and you're a jagbag. Feel better now?
You are really a class guy... whadaya say Helen.

And you really are a POS.

Old July 10th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Peter Chant

Scott W wrote:

Annika1980 wrote:
Can you spot it?

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/63234324

It looks like a sunny day but it also looks like the light is coming
from below.

On a practical note it appears that the house has no guttering.

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk
Old July 10th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Peter Chant wrote:
On a practical note it appears that the house has no guttering.

As a former gutterer myself and having stayed at the house next to that
one for a week on the beach in S.C. I can guess why. Gutters wouldn't
last long at that place. They'd blow off. The wind blew constantly
for about 24 hours while I was there. And I'm talkin 35-40mph at
least. Those palms were making quite a racket.