AA NiCad's: bad luck with Radio Shack "High-Capacity" batteries

Old January 7th 05, 11:51 AM
Joseph Meehan

Ben wrote:

WHAT IS GOING ON???

Ben

I suspect that for one thing you are over reacting. Second you are
forgetting that sh&* happens and there are things like bad runs that make it
past quality control or old stock etc. It also happens that some batteries
require a cycle or two before they come up to capacity.

Take a deep breath. Consider the real meaning of life and consider
moving on. Try NiMH's for the uses you are not using old technology for,
charging them outside the device. They will work for many such devices.
Also try running the old tech batteries through a few cycles to see if they
improve.

Life is short. Don't sweat the small stuff, this is really small stuff.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old January 7th 05, 05:14 PM
Bill Tuthill

Ben wrote:
and I want to add also that if the player is turned off and left
plugged in, that's when the charging circuit does it's job. Would that
damage NiMH batteries is they were in the unit? When the batts go dead
they'll use AC to listen to it; I'm sure they'd forget to unplug the
unit half the time when they weren't using it.

Probably not.

If you want to follow up on your NiCd batteries, here is information
about restoring cells suffering from memory effect:

http://www.buchmann.ca/chap10-page1.asp
http://www.buchmann.ca/chap10-page2.asp
http://www.buchmann.ca/chap10-page3.asp
http://www.buchmann.ca/chap10-page4.asp