A perfect storm....

Old December 15th 08, 03:17 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Focus[_3_]

Default A perfect storm....

....and a few other pics I picked up on my way to the ocean:

http://www.atlantic-diesel.com/Storm/

--
Focus

Old December 15th 08, 03:37 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Celcius

"Focus" wrote in message
...and a few other pics I picked up on my way to the ocean:

http://www.atlantic-diesel.com/Storm/

--
Focus

Great pics!
I downloaded one of them and looked at the exif... Nothing.
What camera and lens did you use,please?
By the way, I find photos in markets, and especially fish markets very
interestinf and colourful.
Cheers,
Marcel
_______________________________
No one can be completely wrong.
Even a broken clock marks the right time twice a day.
Anonymous.

Old December 15th 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
John McWilliams

[Please don't x-post to aus.photo.]
Celcius wrote:
"Focus" wrote in message
...and a few other pics I picked up on my way to the ocean:

http://www.atlantic-diesel.com/Storm/

Great pics!
I downloaded one of them and looked at the exif... Nothing.
What camera and lens did you use,please?
By the way, I find photos in markets, and especially fish markets very
interestinf and colourful.

Now, the second Santa in the first pic., the one not hanging off the
sword: Something about the juxtaposition of the stainless washer hose
and St. Nick. On purpose, or accidental? It's oh so naughty.

Spanish market in Santa Cruz? Where, please.

--
john mcwilliams
Old December 15th 08, 03:59 PM posted to aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Focus[_3_]

"Celcius" wrote in message

"Focus" wrote in message
...and a few other pics I picked up on my way to the ocean:

http://www.atlantic-diesel.com/Storm/

--
Focus

Great pics!
I downloaded one of them and looked at the exif... Nothing.
What camera and lens did you use,please?
By the way, I find photos in markets, and especially fish markets very
interestinf and colourful.

Thanks. You can see the EXIF info if you put the mouse on the picture and
then wait a second.
Anyway: Nikon D300 + 16-85 VR (used the VR, because the camera was shaking
in my hand because of the violent storm).

--
Focus

Old December 15th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Focus[_3_]

Celcius wrote:
"Focus" wrote in message
...and a few other pics I picked up on my way to the ocean:

http://www.atlantic-diesel.com/Storm/

Great pics!
I downloaded one of them and looked at the exif... Nothing.
What camera and lens did you use,please?
By the way, I find photos in markets, and especially fish markets very
interestinf and colourful.

Now, the second Santa in the first pic., the one not hanging off the
sword: Something about the juxtaposition of the stainless washer hose and
St. Nick. On purpose, or accidental? It's oh so naughty.

Spanish market in Santa Cruz? Where, please.

--
john mcwilliams

Funny! I didn't even see that..
No, it's the peixeria in a Jumbo supermarket, Torres Vedras, Portugal.

--
Focus

Old December 15th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Paul Furman

Focus wrote:
John McWilliams wrote

Spanish market in Santa Cruz? Where, please.

No, it's the peixeria in a Jumbo supermarket, Torres Vedras, Portugal.

We had a big storm just roll in to Santa Cruz California, USA last night
also ;-) Looks pretty similar!

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old December 15th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Celcius

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Focus wrote:
John McWilliams wrote

Spanish market in Santa Cruz? Where, please.

No, it's the peixeria in a Jumbo supermarket, Torres Vedras, Portugal.

We had a big storm just roll in to Santa Cruz California, USA last night
also ;-) Looks pretty similar!

He, he, he Paul,
Here, in Ottawa, Canada, we had 32cm (12") of snow a few days ago and
today, it's raining.
I suppose it's better than tornadoes and fires...
Cheers,
Marcel
_______________________________

Old December 15th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Focus[_3_]

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
Focus wrote:
John McWilliams wrote

Spanish market in Santa Cruz? Where, please.

No, it's the peixeria in a Jumbo supermarket, Torres Vedras, Portugal.

We had a big storm just roll in to Santa Cruz California, USA last night
also ;-) Looks pretty similar!

--
Paul Furman

Ha, been there or past it in '84 when I drove from Marina del Rey to SF on
Highway 1.
Very beautiful. Most of the route when the highway is close to the ocean,
didn't show much beach; mostly steep rock.
The Portuguese coast is mainly beach, with behind it rocks.

--
Focus

Old December 15th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tony Cooper

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:01:43 -0500, "Celcius"
wrote:

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
.. .
Focus wrote:
John McWilliams wrote

Spanish market in Santa Cruz? Where, please.

No, it's the peixeria in a Jumbo supermarket, Torres Vedras, Portugal.

We had a big storm just roll in to Santa Cruz California, USA last night
also ;-) Looks pretty similar!

He, he, he Paul,
Here, in Ottawa, Canada, we had 32cm (12") of snow a few days ago and
today, it's raining.
I suppose it's better than tornadoes and fires...

I guess I shouldn't complain that it's been cloudy and overcast here
this week. The temperatures have been in the high 70s (F) all week.
Not good sun for photography, though.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old December 15th 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
irwell

Celcius wrote:
"Focus" wrote in message
...and a few other pics I picked up on my way to the ocean:

http://www.atlantic-diesel.com/Storm/

Great pics!
I downloaded one of them and looked at the exif... Nothing.
What camera and lens did you use,please?
By the way, I find photos in markets, and especially fish markets very
interestinf and colourful.

Now, the second Santa in the first pic., the one not hanging off the
sword: Something about the juxtaposition of the stainless washer hose and
St. Nick. On purpose, or accidental? It's oh so naughty.

Spanish market in Santa Cruz? Where, please.

--
john mcwilliams

Funny! I didn't even see that..
No, it's the peixeria in a Jumbo supermarket, Torres Vedras, Portugal.

I have some I took in Funchal, Madeira which have similar big
fish,\Portugese sardines are ggreat.