Best Li-ion battery for Lumix FZ20?

Old December 27th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Victek

Default Best Li-ion battery for Lumix FZ20?

I've got a couple of original Panasonic batteries that came with the FZ20
and it seems to me that they grew weak fairly quickly. The camera displays
battery charge with three bars and now after I put in a freshly charged
battery the level drops to two bars after taking just a few pictures. Are
there higher capacity or better quality batteries that fit the FZ20?

Old December 27th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_4_]

Victek wrote:
I've got a couple of original Panasonic batteries that came with the
FZ20 and it seems to me that they grew weak fairly quickly. The
camera displays battery charge with three bars and now after I put in
a freshly charged battery the level drops to two bars after taking
just a few pictures. Are there higher capacity or better quality
batteries that fit the FZ20?

Victek,

You probably just want new, freshly-manufactured batteries, and Li-ion
wear out after three years or so.

David

Old December 27th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 07:54:32 -0800, "Victek"
wrote in :

I've got a couple of original Panasonic batteries that came with the FZ20
and it seems to me that they grew weak fairly quickly. The camera displays
battery charge with three bars and now after I put in a freshly charged
battery the level drops to two bars after taking just a few pictures. Are
there higher capacity or better quality batteries that fit the FZ20?

How long have you had your FZ20? The life of Li-ion batteries in heavy
use is only 1-2 years. But don't take the battery gauge too literally
-- measure the actual shooting performance to see how it's holding up.
(I test with forced flash.) And I'd personally stick with OEM batteries
-- aftermarket batteries can be pretty crappy.

--
Best regards,
John Navas
Old December 27th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Daniel Silevitch

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 07:54:32 -0800, Victek wrote:
I've got a couple of original Panasonic batteries that came with the FZ20
and it seems to me that they grew weak fairly quickly. The camera displays
battery charge with three bars and now after I put in a freshly charged
battery the level drops to two bars after taking just a few pictures. Are
there higher capacity or better quality batteries that fit the FZ20?

As David and John noted, your batteries are probably just getting old.
It's an unfortunate feature of LiIon battery construction.

I don't remember the brand off-hand, but I bought a 3rd party battery
for my FZ5 a year or so ago and it works just fine. If you go to B&H's
website, and go to Camera Accessories/Batteries, you can filter the list
by what type of camera the battery goes into. Set that to Panasonic, and
look for batteries that will replace a CGA-S002. Or, if you prefer, you
can buy a genuine Panasonic and avoid the potential worry of going 3rd
party; it will cost somewhat more, of course.

-dms
Old December 28th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ralph Mowery

Default battery on ebay

Are the batteries listed on e-bay for about $ 3 to $ 15 any good ?

Most of the ones I see in the stores are around $ 50.

Old December 28th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
SMS 斯蒂文• 夏

Ralph Mowery wrote:
Are the batteries listed on e-bay for about $ 3 to $ 15 any good ?

No.

Buy from "http://sterlingtek.com"
Old December 28th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
irwell

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:38:56 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

Are the batteries listed on e-bay for about $ 3 to $ 15 any good ?

Most of the ones I see in the stores are around $ 50.

They can be, if they ever get sent to you.
Old December 28th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Craig

SMS 斯蒂文• 夏 wrote:

Ralph Mowery wrote:
Are the batteries listed on e-bay for about $ 3 to $ 15 any good ?

No.

Buy from "http://sterlingtek.com"

I'll second the suggestion to buy from Sterlingtek. I've brought
several batteries from them all better than the stock canon battery and
I'll buy more when I need them.

Old December 28th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_4_]

Ralph Mowery wrote:
Are the batteries listed on e-bay for about $ 3 to $ 15 any good ?

Most of the ones I see in the stores are around $ 50.

I wouldn't buy off eBay, but I have bought 3rd party batteries from
reputable suppliers a lot cheaper than manufacturer's offerings, and had
no problems with them, both for compact camera batteries and DSLR ones.

Cheers,
David

Old December 28th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:38:56 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote in
:

Are the batteries listed on e-bay for about $ 3 to $ 15 any good ?

Some are; some aren't. The problem is knowing the difference.
Better to buy from a reputable retailer like B&H.

--
Best regards,
John Navas
Panasonic DMC-FZ8 (and several others)

Panasonic Lumix FZ15 ve FZ20 Iris Digital Photography 27 March 15th 05 10:31 AM
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 Joe-46er Digital Photography 7 March 4th 05 04:13 AM
Lumix FZ20 Justin Digital Photography 0 October 26th 04 01:07 AM
Lumix FZ20... Mike Henley Digital Photography 11 October 26th 04 12:58 AM
Panasonic Lumix fz20 HRosita Digital Photography 7 September 24th 04 10:28 AM