The SICKENING HORROR of sensor dust

Old December 21st 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
default

Default The SICKENING HORROR of sensor dust

"Christopher Campbell" wrote in message
e.com...

Not saying that I would ever do anything so abysmally stupid, but if you
use
one of those lens cleaning cloths that you buy in camera stores, they will
fill your whole light box with lint. It is next to impossible to get it
all
out. Took me months.

I understand now. Those "lint free" clothes often are not. I found that I
had to wash mine before the first use, but I've only ever used mine on
filters, never on an SLR mirror. I normally don't worry about small amounts
of dust on the mirror since you cannot see it in the viewfinder anyway as it
is so far out of focus. Generally the blower does a good enough job.

Dust on the sensor certainly sucks though. Mine has one spot again, but
I'll keep photoshopping it out until there are enough dust spots to make it
worth cleaning.

Old December 21st 06, 06:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Arnor Baldvinsson

Hi Chris,

one of those lens cleaning cloths that you buy in camera stores, they will
fill your whole light box with lint. It is next to impossible to get it
all
out. Took me months.

I use microfiber cloths that I buy at Eyemart (sold for eyeglasses, which I
also use same kind of stuff for. I have had zero problems with lint, or
anything, else with them. Don't know if that's the same as what camera
stores sell. I think I got something like that with my camera when I bought
it. If I recall I tried it on my classes and they got worse, so that
cleaning kit ended up in the trashg

--
Arnor Baldvinsson
San Antonio, Texas

Old December 21st 06, 01:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Buy_Sell

Try "Head and Shoulders". It works for me. No more dust on my
sensor...

RichA wrote:
The worst example I have ever seen so far....courtesy of a slob and his
Canon 30D.
Successor to the E-1, where ARE you ???

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=21282665