When will these people get it? Telephotos CAN shrink

Old March 20th 12, 04:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Trevor[_2_]

Default When will these people get it? Telephotos CAN shrink

"David Dyer-Bennet" wrote in message
From my distance, the 7d and 60d aren't very different, but I'm looking
in from Nikon land.

That's the problem, many of the differences are not obvious to many, not
necessary to many, and hard to justify the extra expense for many. Which is
why I still maintain a cheaper FF 60D equivalent would outsell the 5D3.
I expect it will happen one day too, despite the ranting of many that only
the most expensive/highest profit margin cameras that can be sold, need ever
be made.

Trevor.

Old March 20th 12, 04:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Trevor[_2_]

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message
Many more people (than your people) would like a $1000 FF 50D
equivalent, I'm SURE!

They want a new version of an obsolete camera? That's hardly like copying an
Olympus Pen styling :-)
I think most would prefer a FF 60D equivalent to a FF 50D equivalent! Or are
you just that out of touch, would explain why you think FF sensors still
cost $1500 to manufacture I guess.

Doesn't mean it's possible economically.
Doesn't mean it's economically sensible.

And doesn't mean it's not!

I guess a $1 FF 30D would sell like crazy, too.

Absolutely!

How about *you* testing the market?

I'm in, how many can you supply at that price? :-)

Trevor.

Old March 22nd 12, 04:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Trevor wrote:
"David Dyer-Bennet" wrote in message

From my distance, the 7d and 60d aren't very different, but I'm looking
in from Nikon land.

Yep, there's not that much of a megapixel difference.

That's the problem,

That's no problem, except maybe for the Canon marketing team.

many of the differences are not obvious to many,

Those many are not in the market for DSLRs, especially not for
Canon DSLRs, anyway.

not necessary to many,

Since AF and metering and fps and and and are not necessary
in the first place (proof: good photos were made before these
things were invented), they are "not necessary to many".

and hard to justify the extra expense for many.

The same many that are not in the market for DSLRs,
especially not Canon DSLRs.

But for these people a 60D is available as an alternative to
the 7D.

Which is
why I still maintain a cheaper FF 60D equivalent would outsell the 5D3.

At $1 surely. However, that doesn't mean it's viable for the
manufacturer.

I expect it will happen one day too,

It's called a 5D2 and 5D. They are the cheaper alternatives.

despite the ranting of many that only
the most expensive/highest profit margin cameras that can be sold, need ever
be made.

Your failure to read and understand others is *not* my problem.

-Wolfgang
Old March 22nd 12, 04:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Trevor wrote:
"nospam" wrote in message

it may be possible, but why bother when people will gladly pay its
current price.

Same old nonsense line eh?

You don't understand Canon's profits. Canon does.

Better tell Canon to stop making *EVERY* DSLR
below the 1D series, because some people have always been willing to pay for
those! :-)

Would be a net loss. Even you know that. You cannot be *that*
stupid, can you?

Not sure how YOU know it is "gladly" though!!!! :-) :-)

So you *think*?

-Wolfgang