When will these people get it? Telephotos CAN shrink

Old March 14th 12, 08:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Default When will these people get it? Telephotos CAN shrink

Trevor wrote:
"nospam" wrote in message
In article , Trevor

Until Canon or Nikon test the market for a cheap FF DSLR, the size of
that
market is still unknown.

i'm pretty sure nikon and canon know quite well how viable a full frame
d3000 or rebel would be.

I'm sure they have done some market research, which is *NOT* the same thing
as "knowing quite well".

And let us notice you have *not* done any market research,
unlike the potential manufacturers, and you don't know the
market *at all*.

meanwhile, people are lining up for $3000 full frame cameras.

And many would no doubt line up for $1500 FF camera's too!

Only if the $1500 FF was good enough.

And Canon would only produce one if it was worth Canon's time
to build one and thus eat into their own mid-to-high end crop
market and into their well running 5D market.

In other words, Canon won't be doing that in the near future;
they have a 5D2.

-Wolfgang
Old March 16th 12, 02:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Trevor[_2_]

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message
news
I'm sure they have done some market research, which is *NOT* the same
thing
as "knowing quite well".

And let us notice you have *not* done any market research,
unlike the potential manufacturers, and you don't know the
market *at all*.

And let us notice you have no idea of the extent or result of any market
research been done by Canon or Nikon, so have no idea either.

meanwhile, people are lining up for $3000 full frame cameras.

And many would no doubt line up for $1500 FF camera's too!

Only if the $1500 FF was good enough.

Well duh, I think many would consider a FF 60D "good enough".

And Canon would only produce one if it was worth Canon's time
to build one and thus eat into their own mid-to-high end crop
market and into their well running 5D market.

Which is what I said already.

In other words, Canon won't be doing that in the near future;
they have a 5D2.

And now 5D3, but they had a 1DS before the 5D as well. And the 300D series
was their entry level DSLR before they introduced the even cheaper 1100
line, which is actualy better than the 300 or 350D, because that's what
technology advancement allows you to do

Trevor.

Old March 18th 12, 05:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Trevor wrote:

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message
news
I'm sure they have done some market research, which is *NOT* the same
thing
as "knowing quite well".

And let us notice you have *not* done any market research,
unlike the potential manufacturers, and you don't know the
market *at all*.

And let us notice you have no idea of the extent or result of any market
research been done by Canon or Nikon, so have no idea either.

I have quite some idea. They have done enough market research
to feel safe to stake their companies upon that. The result is
that they produce the cameras they produce and not produce the
cameras they don't produce, like rock bottom cheap FF cameras.

meanwhile, people are lining up for $3000 full frame cameras.

And many would no doubt line up for $1500 FF camera's too!

Only if the $1500 FF was good enough.

Well duh, I think many would consider a FF 60D "good enough".

Well duh, it would be even more expensive than a 5DII --- the 5DII
being a FF 30D with video after all.

And Canon would only produce one if it was worth Canon's time
to build one and thus eat into their own mid-to-high end crop
market and into their well running 5D market.

Which is what I said already.

So obviously Canon knows that not enough people would line up
for a $1500 FF "60D" to make it cost effective to build it.
They'd lose money on such a foolish price for the camera.

In other words, Canon won't be doing that in the near future;
they have a 5D2.

And now 5D3,

Which is a 7D FF.

but they had a 1DS before the 5D as well.

Back then *noone* had an affordable FF camera.

And the 300D series
was their entry level DSLR before they introduced the even cheaper 1100
line, which is actualy better than the 300 or 350D, because that's what
technology advancement allows you to do

So you want a 1100D FF?

-Wolfgang
Old March 19th 12, 01:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Trevor[_2_]

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message
So you want a 1100D FF?

To replace my 1DS2, not bloody likely! But as I said all along, many people
would like a $1500 FF 60D equivalent I'm SURE!
You can disagree all you like atm, because there is no proof until the
market is tested.

Trevor.

Old March 19th 12, 10:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Trevor wrote:

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message
So you want a 1100D FF?

To replace my 1DS2, not bloody likely! But as I said all along, many people
would like a $1500 FF 60D equivalent I'm SURE!

Many more people (than your people) would like a $1000 FF 50D
equivalent, I'm SURE!

Doesn't mean it's possible economically.
Doesn't mean it's economically sensible.

You can disagree all you like atm, because there is no proof until the
market is tested.

You can claim that all you like atm, because there is no
proof until the market is tested.

I guess a $1 FF 30D would sell like crazy, too.
How about *you* testing the market?

-Wolfgang
Old March 19th 12, 02:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
David Dyer-Bennet

"Trevor" writes:

"Wolfgang Weisselberg" wrote in message
So you want a 1100D FF?

To replace my 1DS2, not bloody likely! But as I said all along, many people
would like a $1500 FF 60D equivalent I'm SURE!
You can disagree all you like atm, because there is no proof until the
market is tested.

So you want basically the current 5D model, but at half the price.

Yeah, lots of people would want that. I doubt it's currently possible,
though.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info
Old March 19th 12, 03:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David Dyer-Bennet
wrote:

To replace my 1DS2, not bloody likely! But as I said all along, many people
would like a $1500 FF 60D equivalent I'm SURE!
You can disagree all you like atm, because there is no proof until the
market is tested.

So you want basically the current 5D model, but at half the price.

Yeah, lots of people would want that. I doubt it's currently possible,
though.

it may be possible, but why bother when people will gladly pay its
current price.
Old March 19th 12, 11:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Trevor[_2_]

"David Dyer-Bennet" wrote in message
So you want basically the current 5D model, but at half the price.

You seem to be the only one who thinks that the 5D3 is simply a 60D with FF
sensor, and the 7D is somehow a superior camera to the 5D3!
OTOH I still think the 5D3 is more of a FF 7D equivalent, and a FF 60D
equivalent could easily be cheaper, whether YOU agree or not! :-)

Trevor.

Old March 19th 12, 11:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Trevor[_2_]

"nospam" wrote in message
it may be possible, but why bother when people will gladly pay its
current price.

Same old nonsense line eh? Better tell Canon to stop making *EVERY* DSLR
below the 1D series, because some people have always been willing to pay for
those! :-)
Not sure how YOU know it is "gladly" though!!!! :-) :-)

Trevor.

Old March 20th 12, 03:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
David Dyer-Bennet

"Trevor" writes:

"David Dyer-Bennet" wrote in message
So you want basically the current 5D model, but at half the price.

You seem to be the only one who thinks that the 5D3 is simply a 60D with FF
sensor, and the 7D is somehow a superior camera to the 5D3!
OTOH I still think the 5D3 is more of a FF 7D equivalent, and a FF 60D
equivalent could easily be cheaper, whether YOU agree or not! :-)

From my distance, the 7d and 60d aren't very different, but I'm looking
in from Nikon land.