Kodak's High Definition Film

Old December 5th 03, 01:22 AM

Default Kodak's High Definition Film

I believe that Kodak's "High Definition" film is just available in two
speeds: 200&400. However on their UK website, Kodak is indicating that
the APS size of this film is actually 100 speed.
http://wwwuk.kodak.com/UK/en/consume...AdvantixFilmHD

On the Jessops site they list the APS High Definition film as ISO 100 in
the "details" section but in the "features" section, they show it as a
200 speed film.
Could this just be a typo on the Kodak site (copied over to Jessops) or
could Kodak be encouraging Britons to overexpose their "High Definition"
film?

By the way their US website lists only 200&400 in 35mm and only 200 for
APS:
http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US

Old December 6th 03, 12:05 AM

If this is the case, Kodak's holding out on their 35mm users on both sides of the Atlantic by
not offering the High Definition ISO 100 product. Of course this is in addition to not
offering the film in an APS format in the US - a crime in itself.
There is also the possibility that what they're offering is actually the 200 speed film,
packaged in a 100 speed box. It appears that in C41 there is ample room for fudging a film's
speed. If this is the case, I'm not sure what the reasoning would be. It does appear however
that they're not offering the "200" speed APS version in the UK, based on the websites I've
quoted..

Anna Nimotti wrote:

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 01:22:14 GMT, wrote:

I believe that Kodak's "High Definition" film is just available in two
speeds: 200&400. However on their UK website, Kodak is indicating that
the APS size of this film is actually 100 speed.
http://wwwuk.kodak.com/UK/en/consume...AdvantixFilmHD

On the Jessops site they list the APS High Definition film as ISO 100 in
the "details" section but in the "features" section, they show it as a
200 speed film.
Could this just be a typo on the Kodak site (copied over to Jessops) or
could Kodak be encouraging Britons to overexpose their "High Definition"
film?

By the way their US website lists only 200&400 in 35mm and only 200 for
APS:
http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...q-locale=en_US

I don't know what Jessops are selling, but all the High Definition APS
film I've ever seen offered in the UK has been ISO 100. It works when
exposed as ISO 100 too! I haven't tried a comparison test exposing it
at ISO 200. Maybe I should?

Anyhow, don't pay Jessops prices for it!

£5.49 a roll? Pah! It's only £5.85 for THREE rolls at www.7dayshop.com
!
--
a n n @ n i m o t t i . p o r t 5 . c o m

Old December 6th 03, 06:39 PM
Joseph Kewfi

If this is the case, Kodak's holding out on their 35mm users on both sides of the Atlantic by not offering the High Definition ISO 100 product.

They do offer it in Europe it's called Royal Supra 100 in 35mm. In APS it's called High Definition 100, they are the same emulsion and yes- they are both real 100 ISO films.

£5.49 a roll? Pah! It's only £5.85 for THREE rolls at www.7dayshop.com
!
--
a n n @ n i m o t t i . p o r t 5 . c o m

Old December 6th 03, 08:19 PM

Thanks for your enlightening response. Now Kodak's going to get a piece
of my mind! It's bad enough we can't get Fuji's APS slide film, but to
export a 100 speed APS film to Europe and to deny US consumers that same
product is simply un-American.

Joseph Kewfi wrote:

If this is the case, Kodak's holding out on their 35mm users on both

sides of the Atlantic by not offering the High Definition ISO 100
product. They do offer it in Europe it's called Royal Supra 100 in

wrote in message
this is the case,
Kodak's holding out on their 35mm users on both sides of the
Atlantic by not offering the High Definition ISO 100
product. Of course this is in addition to not offering the
film in an APS format in the US - a crime in itself.
There is also the possibility that what they're offering is
actually the 200 speed film, packaged in a 100 speed box.
It appears that in C41 there is ample room for fudging a
film's speed. If this is the case, I'm not sure what the
reasoning would be. It does appear however that they're not
offering the "200" speed APS version in the UK, based on the
websites I've quoted..

Anna Nimotti wrote:

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 01:22:14 GMT,
wrote:

[...]

£5.49 a roll? Pah! It's only £5.85 for THREE rolls at
www.7dayshop.com
!
--
a n n @ n i m o t t i . p o r t 5 . c o m

Old December 8th 03, 01:42 AM
JBee

wrote in :

Thanks for your enlightening response. Now Kodak's going to get a
piece of my mind! It's bad enough we can't get Fuji's APS slide film,
but to export a 100 speed APS film to Europe and to deny US consumers
that same product is simply un-American.

How can it be "un-american" if it is done by an Americans?

wrote in message
this is the case,
Kodak's holding out on their 35mm users on both sides of the
Atlantic by not offering the High Definition ISO 100
product. Of course this is in addition to not offering the
film in an APS format in the US - a crime in itself.
There is also the possibility that what they're offering is
actually the 200 speed film, packaged in a 100 speed box.
It appears that in C41 there is ample room for fudging a
film's speed. If this is the case, I'm not sure what the
reasoning would be. It does appear however that they're not
offering the "200" speed APS version in the UK, based on the
websites I've quoted..

Anna Nimotti wrote:

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 01:22:14 GMT,

wrote:

I believe that Kodak's "High Definition" film is just
available in two
speeds: 200&400. However on their UK website, Kodak is
indicating that
the APS size of this film is actually 100 speed.

http://wwwuk.kodak.com/UK/en/consume...ay/advantix/?t
ype=AdvantixFilmHD

On the Jessops site they list the APS High Definition
film as ISO 100 in
the "details" section but in the "features" section,
they show it as a
200 speed film.
Could this just be a typo on the Kodak site (copied over
to Jessops) or
could Kodak be encouraging Britons to overexpose their
"High Definition"
film?

By the way their US website lists only 200&400 in 35mm
and only 200 for
APS:

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...th=2/3/9/543/1
096&pq-locale=en_US

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...th=2/3/9/543/1
094/1097&pq-locale=en_US

I don't know what Jessops are selling, but all the High
Definition APS
film I've ever seen offered in the UK has been ISO 100. It
works when
exposed as ISO 100 too! I haven't tried a comparison test
exposing it
at ISO 200. Maybe I should?

Anyhow, don't pay Jessops prices for it!

£5.49 a roll? Pah! It's only £5.85 for THREE rolls at
www.7dayshop.com
!
--
a n n @ n i m o t t i . p o r t 5 . c o m

Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
--------------1667FFF5DD8FA03367C06628
!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html
body bgcolor="#FFFFFF"
Thanks for your enlightening response.  Now Kodak's going to get
a piece of my mind!  It's bad enough we can't get Fuji's APS
slide film, but to export a 100 speed APS film to Europe and to deny
US consumers that same product is simply un-American.
pJoseph Kewfi wrote:
blockquote TYPE=CITEstyle/style
If this is the case, Kodak's holding

out on their 35mm users on both sides of the Atlantic by not offering
the High Definition ISO 100 product. font face="Arial"font
size=-1They do offer it in Europe it's called Royal Supra 100 in
35mm. In APS it's called High Definition 100, they are the same
emulsion and yes- they are both real 100 ISO films./font/font
blockquote dir=ltr
style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px"<a
/a
wrote in message a
"news:3FD11E
/a...If this is the case, Kodak's holding out on their 35mm users on
both sides of the Atlantic by not offering the High Definition ISO 100
product.  Of course this is in addition to not offering the film
in an APS format in the US - a crime in itself.
brThere is also the possibility that what they're offering is
actually the 200 speed film, packaged in a 100 speed box.  It
appears that in C41 there is ample room for fudging a film's
speed.  If this is the case, I'm not sure what the reasoning
would be.  It does appear however that they're not offering the
"200" speed APS version in the UK, based on the websites I've quoted..
pAnna Nimotti wrote:
blockquote TYPE="CITE"On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 01:22:14 GMT,
wrote:
p I believe that Kodak's "High Definition" film is just available
in two
br speeds: 200&400.  However on their UK website, Kodak is
indicating that
br the APS size of this film is actually 100 speed.
br a
href="http://wwwuk.kodak.com/UK/en/consumer/films/everyday/advantix/?ty
pe=AdvantixFilmHD"
http://wwwuk.kodak.com/UK/en/consumer/films/everyday
/advantix/?type=AdvantixFilmHD/a br
br On the Jessops site they list the APS High Definition film as
ISO 100 in
br the "details" section but in the "features" section, they show
it as a
br 200 speed film.
br Could this just be a typo on the Kodak site (copied over to
Jessops) or
br could Kodak be encouraging Britons to overexpose their "High
Definition" br film?
br
br By the way their US website lists only 200&400 in 35mm and
only 200 for
br APS:
br a
href="http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2/3/9/543/10
96&pq-locale=en_US"http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-pat
h=2/3/9/543/1096&pq-locale=en_US/a br
br a
href="http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=2/3/9/543/10
94/1097&pq-locale=en_US"http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?p
q-path=2/3/9/543/1094/1097&pq-locale=en_US/a pI don't know
what Jessops are selling, but all the High Definition APS brfilm
I've ever seen offered in the UK has been ISO 100. It works when
brexposed as ISO 100 too! I haven't tried a comparison test exposing
it
brat ISO 200. Maybe I should?
pAnyhow, don't pay Jessops prices for it!
p£5.49 a roll? Pah! It's only £5.85 for THREE rolls at
www.7dayshop.com br!
br--
bra n n @ n i m o t t i . p o r t 5 . c o m/blockquote
/blockquote
/blockquote

/body
/html

Attachment decoded: untitled-3.htm
--------------1667FFF5DD8FA03367C06628--

Old December 8th 03, 02:09 PM
Walt Kienzle

Communist infiltrators ;-)

wrote in message
this is the case,
Kodak's holding out on their 35mm users on both sides of the
Atlantic by not offering the High Definition ISO 100
product. Of course this is in addition to not offering the
film in an APS format in the US - a crime in itself.
There is also the possibility that what they're offering is
actually the 200 speed film, packaged in a 100 speed box.
It appears that in C41 there is ample room for fudging a
film's speed. If this is the case, I'm not sure what the
reasoning would be. It does appear however that they're not
offering the "200" speed APS version in the UK, based on the
websites I've quoted..

Anna Nimotti wrote:

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 01:22:14 GMT,

Old December 8th 03, 07:24 PM
Dana Myers

jjs wrote:

Don't confuse capitalism with americanism. They are two entirely different
things. Capitalism does not require either a democracy or republic.

Take a look at mainland China for a shining example of this.

Dana